Rear cargo cover sucks :(

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
I took mine off because I was going to transport some tall items. Laid it on top of wife's car, forgot to mention this to her (see where this is going?). After she left, went out to garage to reinstall cargo cover. Nowhere to be found!
It was dark, but I drove the route she probably took looking for the wayward cover. No luck, chalked it up to my laziness to find a good place to store it.
Next morning, found it in my neighbor's driveway. Not very aerodynamic.
Sponsored

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Anyone else’s rear cargo screen keep falling off the holders?? So annoying to look in rear view mirror and see that flapping in the wind… any tips to keep this from happening??
Mine would come off and I took it in and they replaced the slotted things on the tailgate under warranty. Works like a champ now.

dal

First Name
DAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Anyone else’s rear cargo screen keep falling off the holders?? So annoying to look in rear view mirror and see that flapping in the wind… any tips to keep this from happening??
Put it in the trash where it belongs. Mine lasted one year before the flapping and eventual tearing. It's literally useless.

DRJJJJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium Std Range, RWD, LFP
Country flag
Does anyone know how to remove the more secured version? I feel like I am going to break something.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When mine was new, it was “just OK.” Now that there is wear on the hooks and trunions, it just falls apart if you look at it wrong way. This started happening when the car was about a year old. It looks nice, but in practice it’s impractical. 🤷‍♂️🐩

DRJJJJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium Std Range, RWD, LFP
Country flag
Ok, someone on this thread mentioned it was improved in 2022 and 2023 models. I have a 2023 and cannot seem to remove it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ok, someone on this thread mentioned it was improved in 2022 and 2023 models. I have a 2023 and cannot see to remove it.
Rotate peg that is attached to the car with the loop and pull it out.

acollierpf533

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Pipefitter
Country flag

Dude...I have a 2021 and it's been a problem from day 1. Now the darn thing just flops off the hooks when I hit a bump...and blocks my rear view.

I think this is a safety hazard that Ford needs to come up with a warranty solution to.

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dude...I have a 2021 and it's been a problem from day 1. Now the darn thing just flops off the hooks when I hit a bump...and blocks my rear view.

I think this is a safety hazard that Ford needs to come up with a warranty solution to.
I've had one for about 4 months. No problems so far. Mabe they improved it.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Member OHMSLAW 3D-printed up a very nice pair of clips that work. His 3D file is still available... search for OHMSLAW and cargo clips or something similar.
Sponsored