Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
:eek:
Glad you two are OK and you had a witness stop the perp's getaway! Also good to hear Blucifer is still drivable. Take care of yourselves.

BTW, Maryland Collision should have all of Marlin's parts that they could identify up front by the time I take him in tomorrow. They had all but the front battery vent louvres on Friday. Hopefully all the parts you need will be available as well. Those all look like plastic parts (including the tailgate outer panel).
Sponsored

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
So we're OK but just really bummed.

Yesterday, @Liv and I were on our way to an EV meetup. I couldn't wait to show off the Mach-E to a few other EV fans. There were about 22 EVs registered to show up including a lot of Teslas, a couple of Jaguar i-Paces, etc. Traffic was heavy in all lanes of I-25 in Denver -- probably 35mph at the most with some stop and go. My exit was coming up so I moved over to the exit lane. The car in front was moving but then came to a complete stop.

I think this guy was trying to cut off the guy behind me and just didn't even brake. He slams right into the back of the Mach-E. It shoved me forward. My foot was on the accelerator because of one pedal driving (hadn't thought about that before). Luckily, I reacted quickly and hit the brakes. I thought I was going to hit the car in front of me and barely missed them. I looked up in my mirror to see who hit me. At about the same time, Liv an I both realized he was going to run.

He zipped past me and there was a big opening so I started to go after him. I saw his license plate immediately and began repeating it in my head. Liv was already calling 911. Of course, when she told them we were trying to catch up to the guy they told us to stop. I knew it was a company van so I wanted to get that info as well.

Up ahead of us about 500 yards, we see the van and there is a guy in a SUV right next to them. The van slowly starts to move over to the shoulder of the road. The SUV guy stops and sorta blocks him. The 911 operator is telling us to just stop and don't approach. We do, and we are about a hundred yards in front of them.

But then the SUV and the van move their cars right behind us. The SUV driver comes over to tell us he saw the whole thing. He said he caught up to the guy and started taking pictures of him and yelling at him to pull over.

The van driver came over and gives me his insurance info and asks if we called the cops. I told, "Yeah dude, you ran." He apologizes a few times. I tell him, "Shit happens, but you don't run." He says he called his brother and he is coming. I'm thinking, why do I care.

It is taking forever for the cops to show up. The guy's brother (and a woman) shows up - doesn't say anything at all to me and just talks to the guy. Liv actually calls 911 again and says, "we're on the side of the freeway, this guy already tried to run, and now he has people showing up. What's taking so long?"

Finally the cop does show up. This is the least dramatic part of the whole thing. He gets photos of my docs and asks what happened. He's says, "let me just get his info for you." Liv tells him we have the info of the witness and we we actually had the dash cam on at the time. The cop says I don't need any of that. It's pretty obvious what happened.

He gets the other dude's info for me, gives me my case info, and says hope you have a better rest of your day.

So TL;DR... We didn't go to the EV meetup after all.

Tomorrow we'll try to get an estimate for the cost and timeline for repairs. I imagine it is going to take a while. It sucks because we had lots of stuff (and lots of videos planned).

PXL_20210403_195326529.MP.jpg

We did a livestream on our channel earlier today and talked about it and some of our plans for the channel since we are screwed without a Mach-E.

Devastating! I’m glad you and Liv are ok.
I bet that was a helluva adrenaline rush to just pursue the dirtbag. Good on you guys to get all the information and sounds like a best case scenario for the closure of that type of situation.
Did the collision have any impact on the pano roof by chance?
Best of luck to you and hope you the repairs are done smartly and swiftly.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Does the trunk still open and close?
I'd be curious to know if your MME has the bracket for a tow hitch that the EU MME's have.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear ended in Hit & Run 1617579235869

Last edited:

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you both are okay. I'm glad to hear that part. The car can always be fixed. Yes, I know it's a pain.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Small consolation but you seem OK and that is all that matters. Cars can be repaired or, at worst, replaced. You not as easily.

The guy was a complete jerk for running. I hate that.

Not much of an Easter present, that's for sure. Hopefully not sore or any the worse for wear tomorrow.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Small consolation but you seem OK and that is all that matters. Cars can be repaired or, at worst, replaced. You not as easily.

The guy was a complete jerk for running. I hate that.

Not much of an Easter present, that's for sure. Hopefully not sore or any the worse for wear tomorrow.
Patrick called it a late April Fool's ?

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Devastating! I’m glad you and Liv are ok.
I bet that was a helluva adrenaline rush to just pursue the dirtbag. Good on you guys to get all the information and sounds like a best case scenario for the closure of that type of situation.
Did the collision have any impact on the pano roof by chance?
Best of luck to you and hope you the repairs are done smartly and swiftly.
Omg, we were both wearing fitness trackers so we need to go see what that heart rate spike was like! I'm so impressed with how controlled Patrick was! Really was the best case scenario for a hit and run for sure! And the guy who helped us, Collin the Hero, was a car lover from Detroit. Absolute badass. And no-one hurt. Best case for a bad situation for sure! Don't think the pano roof had any damage. I'm concerned about the glass on top of the trunk really. :/ it looks ok...but I dunno

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
:eek:
Glad you two are OK and you had a witness stop the perp's getaway! Also good to hear Blucifer is still drivable. Take care of yourselves.

BTW, Maryland Collision should have all of Marlin's parts that they could identify up front by the time I take him in tomorrow. They had all but the front battery vent louvres on Friday. Hopefully all the parts you need will be available as well. Those all look like plastic parts (including the tailgate outer panel).
So fortunate to have such a good Samaritan as a witness!! Poor Marlin! I hope he's shiny, fixed and ready for adventures soon!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, but also glad you’re both ok. I hope you can get it fixed before your anniversary trip. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can EV it for that trip, one way or another.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
so no arrest for fleeing the scene of an accident?
This is 2021, arrests are rare for this kind of stuff. Hopefully they got a ticket for leaving the scene.

I always get bummed when I hear about this stuff however the outcome is always the same when no injuries, insurance will take care of it.

Glad to hear it was not worse and the driver did finally stop.

I hope the body shop can get this fixed quickly.