Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
It's USAA. They have always been pretty helpful over the years.
Patrick, you probably already know that if USAA is a great insurance company, they will be the ones to secure you diminished value claim from the other driver's insurance as part of their subrogation process. If they don't bring this up, be sure to let USAA know you want them to take the lead in securing diminished value from the hit and run guy and his company that doesn't manage their fleet vary well as far as making sure the people who drive their vehicles are licensed drivers.

Any ETA on getting the car back before the Anniversary Trip?
How in the world did you come up with the name Blucifer?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Patrick, you probably already know that if USAA is a great insurance company, they will be the ones to secure you diminished value claim from the other driver's insurance as part of their subrogation process. If they don't bring this up, be sure to let USAA know you want them to take the lead in securing diminished value from the hit and run guy and his company that doesn't manage their fleet vary well as far as making sure the people who drive their vehicles are licensed drivers.

Any ETA on getting the car back before the Anniversary Trip?
How in the world did you come up with the name Blucifer?
The update I had last Friday was that they are waiting for a couple of parts. I'll check in again tomorrow morning. I am feeling pretty confident that we will have before our road trip next week and I'm even hoping we'll get it before this weekend.

I'll check with USAA once the repairs are complete. I've been told to expect to have to pursue diminished value on my own. They've said insurance companies don't tend to negotiate aggressively and will accept a low offer.

And yep... this was the inspiration for the Blucifer name. And I realized that with the red brake calipers it has something else in common with the Blucifer statue since it has red eyes.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yeah there's a formula if your state allows diminished value, that leaves it pretty cut and dry, however there are attorneys that specialize in getting large diminished value claims. I'm sure you've been getting advertising from diminished value attorneys even if you did one or two Google searches how the web works nowadays.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah there's a formula if your state allows diminished value, that leaves it pretty cut and dry, however there are attorneys that specialize in getting large diminished value claims. I'm sure you've been getting advertising from diminished value attorneys even if you did one or two Google searches how the web works nowadays.
Georgia is the only state that has a codified formula, but many insurance companies will just use that. But when a car is new and damage significant, they fight it because it is so big. According to the Georgia formula, it would be about $6000 in my case.

I've gotten some ads but they are for injury accident lawyers. ?

KnightRider

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Street Glide
Country flag
The update I had last Friday was that they are waiting for a couple of parts. I'll check in again tomorrow morning. I am feeling pretty confident that we will have before our road trip next week and I'm even hoping we'll get it before this weekend.

I'll check with USAA once the repairs are complete. I've been told to expect to have to pursue diminished value on my own. They've said insurance companies don't tend to negotiate aggressively and will accept a low offer.

And yep... this was the inspiration for the Blucifer name. And I realized that with the red brake calipers it has something else in common with the Blucifer statue since it has red eyes.
You may have to look for a company that can provide you with an inspection of the vehicle and a $figure for diminished value. Other wise the insurance company will give you $0. Off course it varies from. state to state. But check on that.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Georgia is the only state that has a codified formula, but many insurance companies will just use that. But when a car is new and damage significant, they fight it because it is so big. According to the Georgia formula, it would be about $6000 in my case.

I've gotten some ads but they are for injury accident lawyers. ?
On our 18 Platinum F150, $10,700 damage, was "Minor, no air Bags, Body panel damage, except front bumper, sensors, headlight and Grille, The at fault drivers Insurance took my $1,700 claim with no issue. Only 17,000 miles on truck. I used a common Formula you can google to get to that number.

The at fault driver only had $10k in liability coverage, so The other insurance paid me first, then reimbursed USAA, $8,200 as that was all the at fault driver had. It all depends on the severity of the accident and Diminished Value only Applies to Newer cars with low mileage.

I've been a vehicle inspector for a large Reseller company and found Flood damage with muddy water evidence all the way to the 4x4 selector switch on a 2019 Silverado 2500 HD High Country Diesel that had a clean Carfax. The dealer that bought it at auction even sent it through their 59 point inspection by their service dept and didn't notice.

I would have no problem if I've seen pictures of before and after collision damage and repair and maintenance records than one that had multiple owners.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Just FYI... I made an update video with a cost breakdown and status update on our repairs. Spoiler alert - we still don't have it back but it may be soon!

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
First thing I thought of when reading this was "what do the brake lights do when using one-pedal driving to decellerate?" Do the brake lights illuminate? I know from my test drive that it will slow down fairly rapidly.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
First thing I thought of when reading this was "what do the brake lights do when using one-pedal driving to decellerate?" Do the brake lights illuminate? I know from my test drive that it will slow down fairly rapidly.
They do. I believe there is an accelerometer sensor that determines how quickly the car is slowing down and above a certain point, the brake lights trigger. I've done some informal testing in my neighborhood when it is dark and you can see the taillights come on.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Glad that you are nearing the end of the bodywork journey. Your tale of the compsny vehicle hitting you several years ago sounds similar to an experience that i had back in the ‘80s. New guy, company truck, rear-ended me. Guy wasn’t on the company policy. Ended up pretty much the same. My insurance sued the owner of the truck and got reimbursed for the damages to my car. Wish I knew about diminished value back then.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Another update...
Blucifer is back and we turn in our loaner (aka Blue's Brother) tomorrow!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear ended in Hit & Run vlcsnap-2021-05-27-15h59m44s036

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
We got Blucifer back on May 21st and finally got around to releasing the update video.
Total repairs: $11k
Total time in shop: 44 days
Sponsored