cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
So very sorry you had this happen. Isn’t the other drivers insurance paying your claim and paying for your rental? Is Missouri a no fault State?
They in theory are but my insurance company is paying and then collecting from the other insurance company. My insurance has a limited amount allocated for a rental. Not sure anyone expected 6 mos.+ delay on parts.
Sponsored

JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
OP, call a lawyer up, get a free consult and see what your options are. Make sure you tell them about any pain and suffering or emotional distress. If your insurance will not cover more than XX amount of days then go after the other insurance company directly. Keep raising a stink and you may just get them to total out the car. Between 6 months of rental car and lot storage fees and you are already at $10k.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
I was rear-ended about 2 weeks ago, and the other driver hit so hard it deployed their airbags. I am really mad and disgusted as one of the parts for my rear bumper is not coming in until Nov 30 and the other Dec 31st.
This is a brand new model, and they are manufacturing them in Mexico. So I get this whole pandemic thing about chips, but this is not about chips, these are parts!
What is Ford doing making cars and not being able to supply chips???
My insurance money for my junky rental will run out long before the car is fixed. It will be depreciated because of the accident when I get it back, as well as they probably will start coming out with the 2022's.
I owned the car for about a month before this happened.
Someone mentioned filing a diminished value claim, how do you do that and with whom do you file it?
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg
Calm down, take a deep breath and relax.
You were in an accident that happens every day.
I was rear-ended about 2 weeks ago, and the other driver hit so hard it deployed their airbags. I am really mad and disgusted as one of the parts for my rear bumper is not coming in until Nov 30 and the other Dec 31st.
This is a brand new model, and they are manufacturing them in Mexico. So I get this whole pandemic thing about chips, but this is not about chips, these are parts!
What is Ford doing making cars and not being able to supply chips???
My insurance money for my junky rental will run out long before the car is fixed. It will be depreciated because of the accident when I get it back, as well as they probably will start coming out with the 2022's.
I owned the car for about a month before this happened.
Someone mentioned filing a diminished value claim, how do you do that and with whom do you file it?
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg
Take a deep breath, calm down, and relax.

You were in an accident that happens every day to many people.

Was this the first accident that you’ve ever been in?

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
OP, call a lawyer up, get a free consult and see what your options are. Make sure you tell them about any pain and suffering or emotional distress. If your insurance will not cover more than XX amount of days then go after the other insurance company directly. Keep raising a stink and you may just get them to total out the car. Between 6 months of rental car and lot storage fees and you are already at $10k.
I think I could be good at causing a stink.
Calm down, take a deep breath and relax.
You were in an accident that happens every day.

Take a deep breath, calm down, and relax.

You were in an accident that happens every day to many people.

Was this the first accident that you’ve ever been in?
Thanks for the suggestion, no this was not my first accident. I have had other ( not a lot ) incidents as have my children and spouse, but none have been as dramatic as this. Come on have you ever been in an accident where it was going to take 6 months or more to fix your car that I might add you owned for less than a month?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Note that you may want to reach out to @Ford Motor Company on here about parts availablility. (If not here reach out to Ford and/or its representatives on various social media channels--twitter seems to be a good one.)

It may take far less time than 6 months to get your car repaired. Especially if you grab someone's attention.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
They used to make parts available for new models for things like this. I guess that is just one more thing that has fallen by the wayside. I was pretty lucky to get a pano roof replacement within a week from Ford. They could pull any part from the production line if they wanted to. Seem like they are putting this behind every current order they have's time frame.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Note that you may want to reach out to @Ford Motor Company on here about parts availablility. (If not here reach out to Ford and/or its representatives on various social media channels--twitter seems to be a good one.)

It may take far less time than 6 months to get your car repaired. Especially if you grab someone's attention.
Yes, I was thinking of doing that. I think the parts are probably only available from Ford, and they go to their biggest dealers. Don't think any of the dealers here fit that bill.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
They used to make parts available for new models for things like this. I guess that is just one more thing that has fallen by the wayside. I was pretty lucky to get a pano roof replacement within a week from Ford. They could pull any part from the production line if they wanted to. Seem like they are putting this behind every current order they have's time frame.
I am in complete agreement.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Apparently not, or at least that is what my broker told me. It irrates me that no one seems to be advocating for me, not the insurance company or my insurance broker.
I wouldn't normally be advocating for this but maybe it's time to get a lawyer.

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I think I could be good at causing a stink.

Thanks for the suggestion, no this was not my first accident. I have had other ( not a lot ) incidents as have my children and spouse, but none have been as dramatic as this. Come on have you ever been in an accident where it was going to take 6 months or more to fix your car that I might add you owned for less than a month?
So sorry to hear about the accident. I hope everyone was OK. My wife was in a similar situation back in May... First Edition. Just picked up her tags the day before and was rear-ended. The dealer estimated 6 weeks since the part was on backorder. It took about 8. They repaired everything they could prior to the bumper delivery. Thankfully, not much overall damaged, but the total cost about $2,500. Wasn't till they took the bumper off until the estimate more than doubled. Since the overall damaged was minimal, I didn't pursue a diminished value claim...didn't seem to be worth the headache.

20210501_124851.jpg

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Oh, I'm sorry for you all as well.
My damages are more one of impatience and disgust. The $'s are more than yours, but I might see about diminished value claim since what else am I going to be doing until Dec 31st.
Glad you were taken care of, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and get the parts in sooner than end of the year.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I wouldn't normally be advocating for this but maybe it's time to get a lawyer.
I agree, my wife works for insurance defense and you DEFINITELY should consult a good insurance defense attorney. Don't think of it as you're trying to hurt someone else, all you're really doing is holding the insurance companies accountable for what they're supposed to be doing. And right now it sounds like they're not doing their jobs. It could also help in a diminished value issue as well and you'll be reimbursed the attorneys fees and everything else. I know we're in a culture of everyone sues everyone which gives it a bad rep, but in this case you're 100% within margin for contacting an attorney to protect you and your investment.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Drivable? Maybe to the side of the road, maybe to limp a few miles home. What are the odds the alignment is whacked and the wheels don't even roll true any more? Does the liftgate lock? That's like telling a kid, who got knocked clean out by a hit, "c'mon kid, just shake it off and get back out there..."

It was rear-ended, at least in California (Missouri, no idea), it's whomever done the deed that is at-fault. And, as far as insurance goes, I always found that when you get hit, your agent disappears, whereupon you are dealing with a claims department whose interest it is not to help you.

I think you'll get a rental though. Might have to fight for it, but a 1/2 year of rental rates, which might be $2,500/mo out of pocket at the moment, might encourage the company to total it. Here's hoping he had auto insurance with a name you've heard of before. You should get a good rental too, at least a Tesla model Y, or something in that ballpark. Don't let them give you a bolt.

Good luck with things.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I agree, my wife works for insurance defense and you DEFINITELY should consult a good insurance defense attorney. Don't think of it as you're trying to hurt someone else, all you're really doing is holding the insurance companies accountable for what they're supposed to be doing. And right now it sounds like they're not doing their jobs. It could also help in a diminished value issue as well and you'll be reimbursed the attorneys fees and everything else. I know we're in a culture of everyone sues everyone which gives it a bad rep, but in this case you're 100% within margin for contacting an attorney to protect you and your investment.
Thanks for giving me an insiders view

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Drivable? Maybe to the side of the road, maybe to limp a few miles home. What are the odds the alignment is whacked and the wheels don't even roll true any more? Does the liftgate lock? That's like telling a kid, who got knocked clean out by a hit, "c'mon kid, just shake it off and get back out there..."

It was rear-ended, at least in California (Missouri, no idea), it's whomever done the deed that is at-fault. And, as far as insurance goes, I always found that when you get hit, your agent disappears, whereupon you are dealing with a claims department whose interest it is not to help you.

I think you'll get a rental though. Might have to fight for it, but a 1/2 year of rental rates, which might be $2,500/mo out of pocket at the moment, might encourage the company to total it. Here's hoping he had auto insurance with a name you've heard of before. You should get a good rental too, at least a Tesla model Y, or something in that ballpark. Don't let them give you a bolt.

Good luck with things.
you are spurring me on. ?
Sponsored