cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I was rear-ended about 2 weeks ago, and the other driver hit so hard it deployed their airbags. I am really mad and disgusted as one of the parts for my rear bumper is not coming in until Nov 30 and the other Dec 31st.
This is a brand new model, and they are manufacturing them in Mexico. So I get this whole pandemic thing about chips, but this is not about chips, these are parts!
What is Ford doing making cars and not being able to supply chips???
My insurance money for my junky rental will run out long before the car is fixed. It will be depreciated because of the accident when I get it back, as well as they probably will start coming out with the 2022's.
I owned the car for about a month before this happened.
Someone mentioned filing a diminished value claim, how do you do that and with whom do you file it?
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. IMG_2274

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. IMG_2271

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. IMG_2270

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to hear this happened to you. The supply issue isn't just because of the chips. The pandemic shut pretty much everything down and the supply chain is pretty integrated. If you're producing something, chances are you need materials from someone else who produces it, and they need it from someone further down the line. It causes a chain reaction to the entire supply chain.

Fortunately it looks like Missouri is a DV state, but I can't really tell you how to go about it.

out of curiosity... Are you a 1-pedal driver?

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Sorry to hear this happened to you. The supply issue isn't just because of the chips. The pandemic shut pretty much everything down and the supply chain is pretty integrated. If you're producing something, chances are you need materials from someone else who produces it, and they need it from someone further down the line. It causes a chain reaction to the entire supply chain.

Fortunately it looks like Missouri is a DV state, but I can't really tell you how to go about it.

Thanks for the post I am sure what you say is true, but still 6+ months is inexcusable. Nope not a 1-pedal driver.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Note that the brake lights come on in 1-P mode and thus, to someone behind the car, there is no difference and very likely that they wouldn't be able to tell if the car is in 1-P or not.

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Note that the brake lights come on in 1-P mode and thus, to someone behind the car, there is no difference and very likely that they wouldn't be able to tell if the car is in 1-P or not.
I only asked because someone here (I cant remember which thread) found out by following his wife home he noticed the brake lights didnt come on in certain mode. I can't remember if it was 1-pedal or not though.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I only asked because someone here (I cant remember which thread) found out by following his wife home he noticed the brake lights didnt come on in certain mode. I can't remember if it was 1-pedal or not though.
Brake lights don't appear to come on when driving in L mode.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
That sucks, but looks drivable. I've pulled out bumpers like that and some zip ties and connect everything up enough?
New pictures and I asked the dealer if I could drive it as I said before and they said no, as did the officer at the time of the accident.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
New pictures and I asked the dealer if I could drive it as I said before and they said no, as did the officer at the time of the accident.
Could the dealership be mistaken as to parts availability? If I were in your shoes, I would try to find out what specific part(s) will take that long, then ask other dealerships about ordering timeline on them.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Could the dealership be mistaken as to parts availability? If I were in your shoes, I would try to find out what specific part(s) will take that long, then ask other dealerships about ordering timeline on them.
if you can get tail lights, even just temp trailer lights? it looks 'drivable' while you wait for parts?

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I was rear-ended about 2 weeks ago, and the other driver hit so hard it deployed their airbags. I am really mad and disgusted as one of the parts for my rear bumper is not coming in until Nov 30 and the other Dec 31st.
This is a brand new model, and they are manufacturing them in Mexico. So I get this whole pandemic thing about chips, but this is not about chips, these are parts!
What is Ford doing making cars and not being able to supply chips???
My insurance money for my junky rental will run out long before the car is fixed. It will be depreciated because of the accident when I get it back, as well as they probably will start coming out with the 2022's.
I owned the car for about a month before this happened.
Someone mentioned filing a diminished value claim, how do you do that and with whom do you file it?
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. IMG_1550

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. IMG_1550

I am sorry for your pain. I am in much the same boat. Someone rear ended me 2 weeks ago although my bumper is not as damaged.