cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I just want to add a little to this conversation. This isn't unusual for Ford with new models. Ford's parts warehouses don't have stock piles of parts for a car that has only been out for a few months.

My 2019 Edge I had previously, I bought it about 8 months after it was released. At delivery it had a bad APIM and had to be replaced. I was originally told it was backordered and would take 3 months to arrive. After I agreed to that and they ordered it, it showed up within a week and a half.

I also had someone hit me on the highway in the Edge and required a new rear passenger door to be ordered. That also was on back order and actually didn't even have an ETA, but ended up showing up within 3 days.

This all happened in 2019, well before any chip shortages, or production issues from a pandemic.

I feel like when they tell you a date for something that is back ordered, that is more of a worst case scenario timeline. Obviously, this won't always be the case. But Don't get TOO discouraged when you get told some of these timelines.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Sponsored

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
I think I could be good at causing a stink.

Thanks for the suggestion, no this was not my first accident. I have had other ( not a lot ) incidents as have my children and spouse, but none have been as dramatic as this. Come on have you ever been in an accident where it was going to take 6 months or more to fix your car that I might add you owned for less than a month?
For a ground up brand new vehicle in it’s first year of production, yes, I would definitely expect crazy delays on parts after an accident because most if not all of the parts produced are going towards production which is the priority of the manufacture.

The massive supply chains can barely keep up with vehicle parts production especially during CV19 and Just In Time parts delivery.

With that being said, I hope you get the replacement parts sooner than you indicated.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
For a ground up brand new vehicle in it’s first year of production, yes, I would definitely expect crazy delays on parts after an accident because most if not all of the parts produced are going towards production which is the priority of the manufacture.

The massive supply chains can barely keep up with vehicle parts production especially during CV19 and Just In Time parts delivery.

With that being said, I hope you get the replacement parts sooner than you indicated.
I’m hoping so too

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I’m hoping so too
Sorry to hear about your situation. It's a big bummer. Unfortunately, I found myself in a similar position as well. Just the other day, my MME got rear ended. It was a low-speed collision in the parking lot so the damage isn't too bad, but I just received an estimate to replace the lower bumper piece (I think it's the dark grey plastic lower piece). The part alone was $600-something. Is this one of the two parts that you are getting the end-of-the-year delivery date estimates? Did you get description on which two parts they are? Thanks for the info.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Ouch. Sorry to hear. That sucks. Hopefully things will get repaired soon. Does your body shop have problems getting parts?
The shop doesn't appear to be having any challenges getting parts.

Estimate started at $2800, then when they pulled it apart they found the BLIS sensor broken and the tail light had a crack in it. It quickly went to $6800. They said 3-4 days on parts and hope to have it for me by late next week.

We'll see....

xabhax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
OP, call a lawyer up, get a free consult and see what your options are. Make sure you tell them about any pain and suffering or emotional distress. If your insurance will not cover more than XX amount of days then go after the other insurance company directly. Keep raising a stink and you may just get them to total out the car. Between 6 months of rental car and lot storage fees and you are already at $10k.
A lawyer for what? What law has been broken by Ford for not having parts available. Rasing a stink on twitter, facebook will accomplish more than a lawyer will.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
The shop doesn't appear to be having any challenges getting parts.

Estimate started at $2800, then when they pulled it apart they found the BLIS sensor broken and the tail light had a crack in it. It quickly went to $6800. They said 3-4 days on parts and hope to have it for me by late next week.

We'll see....
Fingers crossed for you, let everyone know when the parts come in

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Fingers crossed for you, let everyone know when the parts come in
Just got the unfortunate news that once they pulled the car apart to find the additional damage, that the recently ordered parts are yup...wait for it...on back order.

So my car sits in pieces with no ETA in sight.

Good times.

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Just got the unfortunate news that once they pulled the car apart to find the additional damage, that the recently ordered parts are yup...wait for it...on back order.

Good times.
I am so sorry that is a bummer.

jshu01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Jeep CJ7, 1995 993, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Good times.

I also got rear ended last weekend, car just got to the body shop and I'm waiting on the initial estimate. Insurance has been good, got me in a Polestar 2, but if I have to wait for parts until the end of the year the rental will cost more than the repair!

20210710_122655.jpg

20210710_121655.jpg

OP
OP

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I also got rear ended last weekend, car just got to the body shop and I'm waiting on the initial estimate. Insurance has been good, got me in a Polestar 2, but if I have to wait for parts until the end of the year the rental will cost more than the repair!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. 20210710_121655

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. 20210710_121655
Sad sorry for you. I however am driving a Kia no such thing as an EV rental here. Had a Mazerati but turned it in as hated it, waiting for another “Exotic “ to come back. Who knows when that will be.

JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
A lawyer for what? What law has been broken by Ford for not having parts available. Rasing a stink on twitter, facebook will accomplish more than a lawyer will.
Hey I know reading is hard, but why don't you go back and read what I posted about suing Ford....which is exactly nothing.
Sponsored