cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hey I know reading is hard, but why don't you go back and read what I posted about suing Ford....which is exactly nothing.
Thanks I did read your post, and I appreciate your advice.
Sponsored

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
So RE: my hit & run

Went to MoCo Police yesterday as they have been unresponsive to my messages left.

Asked for help as I will be out thousands of dollars as a result of this hit & run:
  • $500 deductible
  • losing my good driver discount - $350
  • I have a $1500 cap on rental, so the longer this goes, the more it costs me out of pocket
  • Diminished value
They basically told me there was nothing they could help me with.

While I know that the police department is not CSI, but I have the make and model of the car, along with the state and partial tag number. All I got was excuses as to why that was no help.

Sad.

So I wait. @Ford Motor Company can you help with getting my repair place parts?

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: Had a little communication from @Ford Motor Company and got a case number, along with a call from Ford.

Simultaneously I heard from my shop yesterday that they received all the parts - MINUS the bumper cover that was to be back in stock on 8/19. Ford confirmed this info when I spoke with them.

So the shop is going to do the work and used the cracked bumper cover, get me the car back NEXT WEEK, then when the bumper covert comes in, get the car back and install it and be done.

Best news of the week. Not sure if @Ford Motor Company had anything to do with this, but the timing is on point.

Hope everyone else is getting good news regarding their challenges with parts.

Here are some pix of 'Meredith' waiting to get finished.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. FE body shop 2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. FE body shop 1

jshu01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Jeep CJ7, 1995 993, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
UPDATE: Had a little communication from @Ford Motor Company and got a case number, along with a call from Ford.

Simultaneously I heard from my shop yesterday that they received all the parts - MINUS the bumper cover that was to be back in stock on 8/19. Ford confirmed this info when I spoke with them.

So the shop is going to do the work and used the cracked bumper cover, get me the car back NEXT WEEK, then when the bumper covert comes in, get the car back and install it and be done.

Best news of the week. Not sure if @Ford Motor Company had anything to do with this, but the timing is on point.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear-Ended. Replacement parts not available until end of the year. FE body shop 1

My body shop said parts ETA is the week of August 16th, so that timing goes along with the info you got as well.

MaineSailor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 SAAB 9-5, 2021 Mach E SR Premium
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Country flag
Also no brake lights appear in Unbridled with 1PD disabled when fully lifting off the throttle in my testing.
YES! My wife and I tested this today (she was following me) - no brake lights on throttle lift-off (regen braking) in Unbridled with 1PD disabled. Scary! How do we contact Ford to fix this issue?

Reactions: ARK

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
YES! My wife and I tested this today (she was following me) - no brake lights on throttle lift-off (regen braking) in Unbridled with 1PD disabled. Scary! How do we contact Ford to fix this issue?
Why would you expect brakes to light up when letting off the accelerator with 1PD disabled?? That makes it back to driving like a regular car. Other cars don't light the brakes when you let off the accelerator, so why would this one?

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
What's with all these Mach-E's getting rear ended. Seems to be like a plague of them. If I didn't know better I would think folks are getting too close for a 'look'. Just today I was parked at a stop light left turn behind several cars, couple of young guys glide past in a Hyundai of some kind, Then backed up several cars to ask me about the Mach-E and if it was the new Mustang and how it drives etc. Said maneuver included almost swiping my front bumper and near collision pi$$ing off the Jeep that was trying to drive thru....

I'm going to keep an eye on my rear view mirrors for any shady driving behavior.:mad:

Last edited:

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Sad sorry for you. I however am driving a Kia no such thing as an EV rental here. Had a Mazerati but turned it in as hated it, waiting for another “Exotic “ to come back. Who knows when that will be.
Uh, who told you the “Mazerati” [sic] was an exotic?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Why would you expect brakes to light up when letting off the accelerator with 1PD disabled?? That makes it back to driving like a regular car. Other cars don't light the brakes when you let off the accelerator, so why would this one?
The car does apply a significant amount of regen braking when you lift off of the accelerator in Unbridled, even with 1PD disabled. This amount of regen braking from doing this is much more than the deceleration you get when lifting off the accelerator in a typical ICE (though some people have said the amount of slowing in Unbridled is similar to getting off the gas in a manual transmission?).

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Well, after 4 weeks and a lot of drama between the body shop and the insurance company, resutling in my car sitting ready for THREE full days, my FE 'Meredith' is back home.

She'll get a nice foam bath soon, along with the installation of a better resolution dash cam - front and rear - so we can get a proper video of what is happening around her in the future.

MaineSailor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 SAAB 9-5, 2021 Mach E SR Premium
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Country flag
Sorry - took me awhile to get back to this. "Other cars" do not have regenerative braking! Most ICE cars will coast when you let off the gas - thus requiring use of the brake pedal. I found that I rarely needed to use the brake pedal at in-town speeds - unless I was actually coming to a full stop. This in "Unbridled" mode. I'm using 1PD almost exclusively now - the brake lights do work, and I think that I'm getting more regen. ( I guess it is the Ford equal to Tesla's "Max regen" setting). I still say the lack of brake lights is a safety issue.
Sponsored