burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
I just noticed this on the window of my rear hatch…is this the normal amount of gap or is mine not sitting right? I couldn’t find any close ups online to compare… TIA for any insight…anxiety is getting to me!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Hatch Window Gap? 4C0B693E-906E-4954-90A5-95A18A2F26C6
Sponsored

OP
OP

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Hatch Window Gap? A928CB16-67F8-4E45-8DA5-04D8CF7EDC46

Better photo in the daylight. It’s even on both sides, so I think it’s normal but don’t have another MME to compare with in the wild

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Hatch Window Gap? A928CB16-67F8-4E45-8DA5-04D8CF7EDC46

Better photo in the daylight. It’s even on both sides, so I think it’s normal but don’t have another MME to compare with in the wild
I think it's the same for most of us. There is no outer molding between the glass and the painted hatch shell, so the edge of the glass is observable in this design.

While washing the vehicle, plenty of water collects in that particular edge that you photographed, as well as the rear tail lights. I revisit those two areas a lot while drying the car to try and prevent water streaks or spots.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think it's the same for most of us. There is no outer molding between the glass and the painted hatch shell, so the edge of the glass is observable in this design.

While washing the vehicle, plenty of water collects in that particular edge that you photographed, as well as the rear tail lights. I revisit those two areas a lot while drying the car to try and prevent water streaks or spots.
I blow dry the various problem areas (which includes the Mach-e emblems on the sides). Big arsed repurposed electric leaf blower. ;)

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I blow dry the various problem areas (which includes the Mach-e emblems on the sides). Big arsed repurposed electric leaf blower. ;)
Oooh! Thanks! Never thought of that. All this time I’ve been sliding the edge of a towel in that space to try and wick the water out. ?‍♂

OP
OP

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag

good thought. I was mainly concerned about water getting in the open tabs, but I would hope they are sealed off from the rest of the inside of the hatch door.
Sponsored