DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
After detailing the car a couple of times, I noticed that the rear license plate rests on the black painted, curved portion of the bumper. Sure wish I had euro plate. At least the plate is not attached to the lift gate, contacting the bumper with each open and close. Hope the contact with the edge of the plate with the bumper does not cause any damage. What is the best way to cut the plate so it does not contact the bumper? Maybe MME 2.0 will correct this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear License Plate - Not quite U.S. spec PXL_20210416_182219932
Sponsored

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After detailing the car a couple of times, I noticed that the rear license plate rests on the black painted, curved portion of the bumper. Sure wish I had euro plate. At least the plate is not attached to the lift gate, contacting the bumper with each open and close. Hope the contact with the edge of the plate with the bumper does not cause any damage. What is the best way to cut the plate so it does not contact the bumper? Maybe MME 2.0 will correct this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear License Plate - Not quite U.S. spec PXL_20210416_182219932
You made me go out and look at mine....your right. My California plate does hit the black strip. Something else I need to address. Ps- Love the sandals BTW.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I'm definitely going to have to check that when Marlin gets back from the body shop.

Wait -- you're an Owl, too? BS 1980, MS 1984.

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm definitely going to have to check that when Marlin gets back from the body shop.

Wait -- you're an Owl, too? BS 1980, MS 1984.
FAU Owl - BA 1987!

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You made me go out and look at mine....your right. My California plate does hit the black strip. Something else I need to address. Ps- Love the sandals BTW.
Yeah, work-from-home attire!

chasvs

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, Porsche, MB GLE350
Country flag

Is there room at the top of the holder to make the top holes bigger to slide the Plate up and away from the Bumper?

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there room at the top of the holder to make the top holes bigger to slide the Plate up and away from the Bumper?
Maybe less than a 1/4 inch before the top of the plate intrudes into the trunk sill.

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just ordered 3 silicone plate holders per recommended link on this site. 2 black and one grey. Will see which look better on my vehicles. At least the soft frame should protect the paint.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just ordered 3 silicone plate holders per recommended link on this site. 2 black and one grey. Will see which look better on my vehicles. At least the soft frame should protect the paint.
My PA plate also seems to just touch it... although I purchased a black silicone cover as well, but mostly to replace the dealer one. Seems good so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5XCYX7

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear License Plate - Not quite U.S. spec 20210416_154701

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I put strips of sticky back foam rubber (weather stripping) on the back of the license plate. It keeps it from rattling around and holds it away from the bumper top slightly. The downside is that it will hold water and make a mess long term. I like the look of the silicone rims but I already have the Etsy carbon fiber rim. Maybe I will get the silicone for back and move the carbon fiber one to the front plate ?

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
This mount looks like it will keep it 1/4" away. Will it work ? $3.99

1110050.jpg

1110050.jpg
1110050-2.jpg

Description
A mounting bracket for novelty/license plates. Ideal for vehicles with contoured bumpers, recessed license plate area or for adding a novelty plate to a vehicle. Made of durable black plastic. Includes two (2) standard fasteners. Easy to install.
Features
  • The mounting bracket is ideal for vehicles with contoured bumpers, mounting license plates to a trailer or adding an additional novelty plate to any vehicle
  • Serves as a spacer for recessed license plate area on the rear of a vehicle
  • Designed to fit all standard 6x12 inch novelty/license plates
  • Includes one (1) bracket and two (2) screws
  • User friendly and easy to install, see back of package for installation instructions
Specifications
  • User friendly and easy to install, see back of package for installation instructions
  • Made of durable black plastic
  • Color: Black
Cruiser AccessoriesBracket Black License Frame License Plater Holder
Blain # 1110050 | Mfr # 79050
Today's Price
$399

1110050-1.jpg

1110050-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This mount looks like it will keep it 1/4" away. Will it work ? $3.99

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear License Plate - Not quite U.S. spec 1110050-2

Description
A mounting bracket for novelty/license plates. Ideal for vehicles with contoured bumpers, recessed license plate area or for adding a novelty plate to a vehicle. Made of durable black plastic. Includes two (2) standard fasteners. Easy to install.
Features
  • The mounting bracket is ideal for vehicles with contoured bumpers, mounting license plates to a trailer or adding an additional novelty plate to any vehicle
  • Serves as a spacer for recessed license plate area on the rear of a vehicle
  • Includes one (1) bracket and two (2) screws
Specifications
  • Made of durable black plastic
  • Color: Black
Cruiser AccessoriesBracket Black License Frame License Plater Holder
Blain # 1110050 | Mfr # 79050
Today's Price
$399

May give it a try. Thanks!

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is so weird how it touches the black trim with no lower mounting holes. When I first noticed, I thought maybe my dealer put the plates on wrong. I guess it is because the MME body was designed in Europe?

For now, I just turned the dealer frame backwards, but for sure it needs some kind of padding or to be raised up a bit. The silicone frames sound interesting.

That's a pretty big design miss for a U.S. car.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I just ordered the bracket Blain # 1110050 | Mfr # 79050 It does look like it will work. :rolleyes:
Best price Amazon. You really can not raise plate up. So I hope this bracket will do
what we need and move plate out.
Sponsored