Rear Occupant Seat Alert

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
He’s not commenting about bugs vs no bugs…..his point is the reason for rear seat warnings to exist at all is because of human stupidity.
How do you gather that? He literally says:

"This is a safety feature.

You turn it off.

Your wife gets in with the two kids, and one of them doesn't buckle up. She gets no warning, she has no idea you turned the feature off... "

He's saying that it isn't a bug and the reminder showing at EVERY startup, rather than just twice a year, is intended. That is not true.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
How do you gather that? He literally says:

"This is a safety feature.

You turn it off.

Your wife gets in with the two kids, and one of them doesn't buckle up. She gets no warning, she has no idea you turned the feature off... "

He's saying that it isn't a bug and the reminder showing at EVERY startup, rather than just twice a year, is intended. That is not true.
That’s not the post you were replying to. I’m done. Have a nice evening.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
He’s not commenting about bugs vs no bugs…..his point is the reason for rear seat warnings to exist at all is because of human stupidity.
Right.

Government mandates exist for things like this because, quite simply, people are f'in stupid. Why are certain kinds of gas different sized nozzles? Because idiots put diesel into their gas cars.

I do love the people who scream that none of it should exist, like "I don't have to wear a motorcycle helmet if I don't want to, that's the law". I ask them, "when you wipe out and smash your head into a tree, do you agree to accept no medical insurance payouts, no hospitals negotiating bills down, no government assistance - spend only YOUR money on your treatment?" The answer is always a stupid look...

A relative wouldn't use a walker, despite doctor's orders. Wouldn't use nightlights because of the electricity cost. Fell, broke arm. Between hospital, rehab, physical therapist, bills were over $50k. Relative's out of pocket was a few hundred. I said "would you have used your walker and nightlights if you had to pay $50,000 out of your pocket?" Same stupid look.

Government (and families) have to step in and mandate things because people are too stupid. Plain and simple. Don't like it? Nobody makes anyone live here.

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Is there any way to turn this feature completely off?

I have the Rear Occupant Seal Reminder turned OFF in the options.

However, upon starting the vehicle every time, a reminder tells me that it's OFF, and asking me whether I wish to turn it ON.

This is beyond annoying, and is a feature that was recently introduced through one of the wonderful updates.

The logic just escapes me. You have the featured turned OFF, but a reminder constantly reminds you that it's off. Please Ford, if you're listening, can you kindly stop forcing these nuisances on your customers?

If anyone has any tips on how to permanently disable this, I'm all ears. Thanks guys!
The only time I get the check the back seat warning is if the back door has been opened, like when I go to the cleaners and hang clothes in the back. I never have back seat passengers so I don’t get anything until I go to the cleaners.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Why are you saying this is how it is? It is a bug and isn't supposed to be working this way. It is tied to your profile so if you do have someone else who needs it, they can set their own profile with it on. With the setting off, it is only supposed to notify you twice a year if you want to change the setting back to on.

With 4.2.6 the bug has gone a step further and now fully turned this setting back on, so everytime I turn off, it doesn't just have the "twice a year" popup asking if I want to turn it back on, it bings 3 times and tells me to check the back seat.
This exact thing has started in my car after 4.2.6. I noticed a strange sound when getting out and then noticed the alert on the screen fussing at me to check the empty back seat. It has never been on and now it is on. I am going to try cycling it on/off tomorrow to see if it goes away.

I know 4.2.6 caused this problem and yet I still don't know what was improved with 4.2.6. Nothing as far as I can tell. Oh, and 4.2.6 has decided I only get to use the Guest profile now. Maybe that is related?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yeah, but since the majority of the population have below average intelligence, that's the way it is.

Carlin stupid people.jpg
I think you have posted this about 300 times. It was funny the first 299 times. 🤣

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I turned mine off within the first hour. Never seen it since.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This exact thing has started in my car after 4.2.6. I noticed a strange sound when getting out and then noticed the alert on the screen fussing at me to check the empty back seat. It has never been on and now it is on. I am going to try cycling it on/off tomorrow to see if it goes away.

I know 4.2.6 caused this problem and yet I still don't know what was improved with 4.2.6. Nothing as far as I can tell. Oh, and 4.2.6 has decided I only get to use the Guest profile now. Maybe that is related?
Here to hoping that they stop the rollout of 4.2.6 as I haven’t gotten it yet
Sponsored