Rear seat car seat latch spacing?

Syenisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435i Gran coupe
Country flag
Considering purchasing a Mach E as a second vehicle. Need fit 3 child seats across though, two rear facing and one forward facing. Can someone please provide the following measurements? Thanks!

1. Spacing between two middle latch clips.
2. Total spacing from LR door arm rest to RR door arm rest
Sponsored

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
1. Spacing between two middle latch clips.--- A little over 20" from outside edge to outside edge.
2. Total spacing from LR door arm rest to RR door arm rest--- Looks to be 52", It is kind of hard to get a good measurement, though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear seat car seat latch spacing? Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 5.19.28 PM

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Remember, you can use the car's seatbelts to secure a carseat too. [Cannot use both systems together --lower anchors & seatbelts.] The lower anchors have weight limits typically 65 lbs for both carseat and child. My advice is to take all your seats and kiddos to the Ford dealer with a demo MME and install everything! Three carseats on one row is a big challenge in any car! Looks like there is plenty of space on the 2nd row of MME. Something also to look out for is angle of rear seat and if your carseat hangs over too much at end of bench seat.

I am a nationally (US) certified child passenger safety technician (CPST).

Jelz11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
It depends on the carseat model.

We have 3 carseats across right now in the Mach-e. All three of ours are forward facing, two boosters and one harness. The ONLY combo that works for us is 2 MaxiCosi Rodifix boosters flanking a Diono Radian in the middle (using the seatbelt).

You could do three Diono Radians, using belts and/or top tether. The best / easiest three-across carseats are all pricey.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Remember, you can use the car's seatbelts to secure a carseat too. [Cannot use both systems together --lower anchors & seatbelts.] The lower anchors have weight limits typically 65 lbs for both carseat and child. My advice is to take all your seats and kiddos to the Ford dealer with a demo MME and install everything! Three carseats on one row is a big challenge in any car! Looks like there is plenty of space on the 2nd row of MME. Something also to look out for is angle of rear seat and if your carseat hangs over too much at end of bench seat.

I am a nationally (US) certified child passenger safety technician (CPST).
Spot on info here. My wife is also a a CPST. I used to let them train on my Trans Am because it's so tough to install a seat in!
Sponsored