OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I'm 6' tall. When I position the seat comfortably for me, I can get everything perfect..... Except the rearview mirror does not pivot high enough to see the back window, stopping about 1cm short so the top of the back seat is visible but not the window. I checked out a couple of other Mach Es to be sure this wasn't a flaw in my vehicle, and it is the same in every one I sat in (so it's a design flaw). See pic for my view from the mirror...

IMG_20210622_133103__01.jpg
Sponsored

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
The rear view mirror has a double pivot at the top mount and the back of the mirror.
Top mount is very stiff, it will take two hands to grab the mirror and move it up. A friend of mine is 6 ft 4 and got it adjusted with a little work.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am 6’1” and did not find an issue with the mirror in the Premium that I test drove. Maybe because my legs are too short and my torso too long?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
@OlyPen , I suspect you're only moving one of the pivots. See post #2!

OP
OP
OlyPen

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@OlyPen , I suspect you're only moving one of the pivots. See post #2!
I will examine that more closely. I'm not used to a double jointed mirror. ? So, chalk it up to user error, then and we can all move on with our lives.

mosh00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premum Extended AWD
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
Don't feel bad. I am 6'3" and had the same issue. Stopped by the dealership. Service manager couldn't figure it out either. One of the tech's told us it had a double pivot. One of the pivots is very stiff! LOL

OP
OP
OlyPen

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't feel bad. I am 6'3" and had the same issue. Stopped by the dealership. Service manager couldn't figure it out either. One of the tech's told us it had a double pivot. One of the pivots is very stiff! LOL
Knowledge is power! Mine actually wasn't very stiff, just awkward to move with one hand, but once I figured out you can flat palm it and push it up from the window with the heel of your palm just behind the mirror, well then, my entire world changed. Like. Magic. Pushed it all the way up and then pivoted the mirror itself down slightly and not only can I see n the back window fully, the mirror is also up and out of the way of my forward view.

Thank you, Internet, for being a fountain of good, helpful information that makes my life easier. I am forever in your debt (metaphorically speaking, of course).

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
Considering the man in charge of the the Mach-E program, Darren Palmer, is 6' 7", this would have been quite an astounding bungle. Luckily the double-swivel hinge seems to be your solution.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm 6'4" - it does move up but might be stiff when new. I have adjusted it and find the driver seating and mirrors quite comfortable.

OP
OP
OlyPen

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Considering the man in charge of the the Mach-E program, Darren Palmer, is 6' 7", this would have been quite an astounding bungle. Luckily the double-swivel hinge seems to be your solution.
Agreed! That's why I was astounded that I didn't notice it during my mannequin test drive before confirming my order. The vehicle is an astounding accomplishment for an automobile manufacturer and everyone on the team @Ford Motor Company should be proud of what they've done so far. Now, if they could just get all the dealers onboard (or unite with the other auto manufacturers to change outdated dealer laws.........)

OP
OP
OlyPen

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh! Here's an idea for @Ford Motor Company ....

Use the existing rear camera to display a persistent virtual rear view mirror in a band at the top of center display (push the menu and content down). It can be a toggle option in the vehicle settings.

AND you can deploy it as an OTA feature update with no change in hardware in the car! How fun would that be!

brockr

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have the same problem and it's the one thing that's driving me crazy. I did try adjusting the arm behind the mirror, but perhaps I wasn't pushing hard enough. I can't wait to get home so I can try this again. Thanks!
Sponsored