Reasons why I decided to buy the Mach E First Edition

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I am not sure who needs to hear this, but perhaps some in this forum might be interested in my reasons:
1. Its an electric car
Global warming is our #1 critical issue and hopefully in a small way this car addresses that. Tesla will always be the leader in this category, but someone like Ford has to make these a commodity.
2. It's an "American" car
I realize it's manufactured in Mexico and all that, but the company is headquartered here, and that makes a difference to me.
3. It is not Toyota
I live in southern California and Toyota moved its US headquarters from here a couple of years ago, causing a lot of pain to my friends.
4. It makes financial sense
Better minds than me can argue the exact numbers, but for me, the electric versus gas argument carries the day
5. First Editions will become valuable
Just a gut feel, but I believe there will be a collector's value to this car. And lastly,
6. It's an exciting car
The looks, the finish, the Mustang brand - almost better than sex
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
there are definitely people on here that seem to need to have reasons, so thanks for sharing ?

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I am not sure who needs to hear this, but perhaps some in this forum might be interested in my reasons:
1. Its an electric car
Global warming is our #1 critical issue and hopefully in a small way this car addresses that. Tesla will always be the leader in this category, but someone like Ford has to make these a commodity.
I realize it's manufactured in Mexico and all that, but the company is headquartered here, and that makes a difference to me.
3. It is not Toyota
I live in southern California and Toyota moved its US headquarters from here a couple of years ago, causing a lot of pain to my friends.
Better minds than me can argue the exact numbers, but for me, the electric versus gas argument carries the day
Just a gut feel, but I believe there will be a collector's value to this car. And lastly,
6. It's an exciting car
Ok Ok fine, here's my list:

1. Same. This will be my transition into electric cars. First one. For me this has been a long time coming... wasn't sure what exciting car would cause me to make the leap. I believe this is the right car for the leap.

2. American car - ditto. I've owned/leased many cars both foreign and domestic and I do feel a little more relaxed regarding servicing an American car. My ML350 was soooo expensive to service :confused:

3. I've never driven or owned a Toyota/Lexus so can't comment. I will say that I am excited for anything not named Telsa or Toyota that is fully electric. The more brands that join the more fun and economical choices we will have in the future.

4. One of my biggest reasons for being excited is the fact that this vehicle has the form factor of an SUV (for ferrying humans around) but will have the torque and speed off the line of a sportier car. I LOVE THIS! I've gone from a CTS to a new Camaro into larger and mid-sized SUV's because I needed to space... but some part of my heart died every time I leased a new SUV or "crossover." They're just not as fun.

5. I've been looking for a 4 door vehicle that has the looks and feel of a sports machine with the interior of a futuristic tech marvel with the appointments of an entry-level luxury vehicle and I think the Mach-E pulls this off extremely well. This car (for at least the first 1-2 years) will look like NOTHING else out there, which is great! But also, the rear view is INCREDIBLE!! I love the current Mustang rear lights. Yes, almost better than sex is a very appropriate way to put it.

6. The community: Believe it or not, I think it's fun to be a part of a car enthusiast group. I found this with the Camaro group back in 2012... and I really look forward to this with the Mach-E. The knowledge, tips/tricks, mods, and overall information sharing is great. There doesn't seem to be a more excited group of car owners than Mustang owners. I've seen some of the love for Dodge Charger and Challenger groups, and of course Camaro owners love their cars... but I would guess that Mustang owners are proudest and have been around the longest???? Just a guess.

So, mark me down as more than extremely excited about my Mach-E... whenever I end up taking delivery.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
1. Its an electric car
3. It is not Toyota
6. It's an exciting car

#5 was the primary reason for me getting the FE rather than the Premium LR AWD - plus I thought FE meant "first production" and I thought it would be super cool having the only MME for a few months before the other models started to arrive.

I mentioned the potential "collectability" of the FE to my wife. She pointed out in 25 years when the First Edition might actually be a collectable, I would be over 100!

Reality sucks!
Sponsored