Recall 22S41 - Contactor A Weld Issue. Have to bring into dealership?

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Just got this in the mail today. I was under the impression Ford fixed this weld issue with a over-the-air software update?

They're now asking me to bring it in.

For those of you who have done this recall at a dealer, do you know if it's a relatively simple procedure? Or are they going to remove a hundred bolts and a dozen parts to get this done? Our Mach-E has been driving flawlessly over the past year (16,000 miles), so I'm a bit hesitant to have a Ford "technician" tear into it.

Any feedback from those that have had this recall done would be greatly appreciated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Recall 22S41 - Contactor A Weld Issue. Have to bring into dealership? Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 17.56.18
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s just a software update. The dealer won’t have to touch any bolts.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Have you been getting any OTAs? If no, you may have the issue that requires reprogramming with a USB cable.

FWIW, I had 22S41 done at my dealership along with 21P22 in July and it is still showing as not done in my Ford.com dashboard. But no letter from FoMoCo so far.

Might want to have someone run your VIN in the FDRS thread, just to be sure.

On the bright side running 22S41 will probably get you up to the latest PowerUp 3.6.2 because the same modules are involved.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes, it's concerning if you haven't got the OTA recall update yet, that means something is wrong with your car and it probably won't get future updates.

EDIT: Looks like you are getting OTAs, just a weird glitch with the recall one.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, it's concerning if you haven't got the OTA recall update yet, that means something is wrong with your car and it probably won't get future updates.
I have been receiving updates but have yet to receive 22S41. Last update I received OTA was the heat related one.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have been receiving updates but have yet to receive 22S41. Last update I received OTA was the heat related one.
In the OPs case it seems like some weird server glitch where it just didn't want to try to install even though the OTA was available. Could also be if you don't drive the car much in an AT&T service area the OTA expired before it has a chance to install.

titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
I got the same letter. I got the notification that I got the 22S41 power up OTA in early October, but I guess I did not? Still stuck in 2.7 so I suspect something is up.

Have an appointment with the dealer in early January to hopefully update.

Reactions: EMX

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I just got the letter too and have been wondering why I haven’t gotten this via OTA since I am getting other updates including 3.6.1 (and those leading up to it). It’s been almost 6 months! Does this mean they are no longer sending these out via OTA?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
It’s just a software update. The dealer won’t have to touch any bolts.
I thought I read somewhere here that in the instructions to the dealers it said to hook up to a 12 V power source. If correct, does that mean they have to remove the frunk?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere here that in the instructions to the dealers it said to hook up to a 12 V power source. If correct, does that mean they have to remove the frunk?
Every software update at the dealer requires connecting an external power source to the 12V battery. They just have to remove a couple beauty covers to get to it (assuming easy access holes weren't installed by the owner).

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
I just received this notice in the mail as well. I had trouble with the OTA installing but it eventualy got done since I received the message informing of this. However, Ford always has shown and continue to show that my recall is still outstanding. Could this mean that the update never actually occurred and the message I received was in error? Is there a way to check on this? Appreciate any help here.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just received this notice in the mail as well. I had trouble with the OTA installing but it eventualy got done since I received the message informing of this. However, Ford always has shown and continue to show that my recall is still outstanding. Could this mean that the update never actually occurred and the message I received was in error? Is there a way to check on this? Appreciate any help here.
Several people have had their 22S41 software update via OTA and still had the recall notice pending. If your car told you it was successful, you got the update. If you still have doubts, go over to the FDRS thread and ask for someone there to run your VIN to make sure the module versions are correct. 😊🐩

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
Several people have had their 22S41 software update via OTA and still had the recall notice pending. If your car told you it was successful, you got the update. If you still have doubts, go over to the FDRS thread and ask for someone there to run your VIN to make sure the module versions are correct. 😊🐩
Thanks! I will give that a go and hope someone can confirm for me. I appreciate it.
Sponsored