Recall 22s41 - Main HV connector welding

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hi, the dealership just emailed me this was a recall, should I worry? And what should I do. Is there a fix for it yet? How bad is it?? Any info is appreciated! Thank you
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Hi, the dealership just emailed me this was a recall, should I worry? And what should I do. Is there a fix for it yet? How bad is it?? Any info is appreciated! Thank you
The recall will involve software update for vehicles of a certain VIN that have not had drive fault dashboard messages as a result of the contact issue but if there is power surging may damage the contacts and make the car undrivable. If the contacts are damaged the car cannot be driven and battery needs replacement. The software update can be done over the air but dealers will be able to do it when they have the instructions released and software available to them. It is a preventable and fixable issue. As of 6/16/22 the dealers are notified of the recall but are not yet doing it. There are no battery fires reported relating to this In the recall release.

OP
OP

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
The recall will involve software update for vehicles of a certain VIN that have not had drive fault dashboard messages as a result of the contact issue but if there is power surging may damage the contacts and make the car undrivable. If the contacts are damaged the car cannot be driven and battery needs replacement. The software update can be done over the air but dealers will be able to do it when they have the instructions released and software available to them. It is a preventable and fixable issue. As of 6/16/22 the dealers are notified of the recall but are not yet doing it. There are no battery fires reported relating to this In the recal

The recall will involve software update for vehicles of a certain VIN that have not had drive fault dashboard messages as a result of the contact issue but if there is power surging may damage the contacts and make the car undrivable. If the contacts are damaged the car cannot be driven and battery needs replacement. The software update can be done over the air but dealers will be able to do it when they have the instructions released and software available to them. It is a preventable and fixable issue. As of 6/16/22 the dealers are notified of the recall but
The recall will involve software update for vehicles of a certain VIN that have not had drive fault dashboard messages as a result of the contact issue but if there is power surging may damage the contacts and make the car undrivable. If the contacts are damaged the car cannot be driven and battery needs replacement. The software update can be done over the air but dealers will be able to do it when they have the instructions released and software available to them. It is a preventable and fixable issue. As of 6/16/22 the dealers are notified of the recall but are not yet doing it. There are no battery fires reported relating to this In the recall release.
Thank you so much for this info! So basically I donā€™t have to do anything at this point, and just wait for either a notification from my vehicle computer, or a notification phone call or some thing from the dealership to fix the issue? Also, will any Ford dealership be able to fix the recall, or do I have to drive back to the original dealership where I purchased the car?

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Thank you so much for this info! So basically I donā€™t have to do anything at this point, and just wait for either a notification from my vehicle computer, or a notification phone call or some thing from the dealership to fix the issue? Also, will any Ford dealership be able to fix the recall, or do I have to drive back to the original dealership where I purchased the car?
You will get a letter from Ford. At that point an EV certified dealer can do the update if it hasnā€™t been pushed to your car over the air(OTA). The the FordPass app will also be a source of information. In the meantime, donā€™t drag race excessively šŸ˜‰, drive under 100 mph, and keep the car plugged in when possible in the heat so the cooling system can work as designed.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Is it a substandard part or new technology with challenging engineering, and a steep learning curve for materials, load demand, and application. In ICE cars, push rods still get thrown when demand exceeds part durabilty and they have been around for decades.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any performance loss on my car and I will sue for a refund of extra cost payed out for it.
maybe add to that the loss of car value because of the performance loss.

they donā€™t even know if this fix works on the car! no hurry to jump on this until itā€™s tried and true, regardless of the PR.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
they donā€™t even know if this fix works on the car! no hurry to jump on this until itā€™s tried and true, regardless of the PR.
Maybe I should've waited on the windshield recall, too. Who knows if the poorly adhered windshield was ever going to be involved in any accidents. Seems best to have ignored the notice and continued on with needless risk, right?

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Nice to hear that it is "preventable and fixable" but are we going to lose capabilities such as quickness or speed? If only a software fix will this mean that max power will somehow be limited even more? I own a GT PE.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Nice to hear that it is "preventable and fixable" but are we going to lose capabilities such as quickness or speed? If only a software fix will this mean that max power will somehow be limited even more? I own a GT PE.
No one really knows for sure, but that is the worry.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Is it a substandard part or new technology with challenging engineering, and a steep learning curve for materials, load demand, and application. In ICE cars, push rods still get thrown when demand exceeds part durabilty and they have been around for decades.
This isn't really new technology. High voltage disconnects (which is what this is) have been used for a long time (100+years). Materials, design, etc. have been refined since then, but the base technology is not new. Functionally, this part is just a heavy duty light switch.
Sponsored