JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is a brief explanation that seems pertinent to the rear seatbelt recall hold affecting a couple thousand 2021 MME buyers:

• Heli-Coil® application-specific thread repair kits make complex repairs manageable and are often the recommended solution by both domestic and foreign automakers. Heli-Coil ® inserts are available in thread repair kits and sets for permanently repairing tapped holes which have been stripped or damaged due to wear, corrosion, and over-torque.
Sponsored

neutrino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE & Rivian R1T
Country flag
I think I've read nearly every post in this thread, but I don't recall seeing this resource posted:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

When I run my VIN through it says no campaigns, when I run some VINs of some dealers' inventory, I do see some cars subject to the 21C36 seat belt campaign. This website seems like a possible Ford source for determining if your Mach E might be subject to the hold.

Although this website seems geared to the European market, it accurately detects my US location, and seems to work on the US VINs I give it.

Last edited:

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
I think I've read nearly every post in this thread, but I don't recall seeing this resource posted:

When I run my VIN through it says no campaigns, when I run some VINs of some dealers' inventory, I do see some cars subject to the 21C36 seat belt campaign. This website seems like a definitive Ford source for determining if your Mach E will be subject to the hold.

Although this website seems geared to the European market, it accurately detects my US location, and seems to work on the US VINs I give it.
from the dealer I bought mine from, they don’t need to put it on the recall list of it isnt at a dealeror in customer hands.

means the one I ordered is sitting as “produced” but not built awaiting fixes and/or chips.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford notified dealers of a needed seatbelt repair involving certain new Mach-E SUVs, triggering a hold on any undelivered new vehicles built from Oct. 5 to Nov. 18. The "unsafe" seat belt anchor was produced in the Hermosillo parts factory. Ford said 2,304 Mach-E vehicles are affected by the recall. Of that number, 741 are in customer hands and 1,563 are on hold by dealers.

A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers the week of January 3rd, 2022 when it is anticipated the parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall. These vehicles need a rear seatbelt anchor thread repair such as: Heli-Coil® application-specific thread repair kits make complex repairs manageable and are often the recommended solution by both domestic and foreign automakers. Heli-Coil ® inserts are available in thread repair kits and sets for permanently repairing tapped holes which have been stripped or damaged due to wear, corrosion, and over-torque. If a vehicle is delivered to a buyer or lessee unrepaired, the dealer could face civil penalties of up to $21,000 per vehicle.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag

When I run my VIN through it says no campaigns, when I run some VINs of some dealers' inventory, I do see some cars subject to the 21C36 seat belt campaign. This website seems like a definitive Ford source for determining if your Mach E will be subject to the hold.

Thanks for that link—it detected my car as being subject to the recall, which the other Ford recall tracker did not.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Ford notified dealers of a needed seatbelt repair involving certain new Mach-E SUVs, triggering a hold on any undelivered new vehicles built from Oct. 5 to Nov. 18. The "unsafe" seat belt anchor was produced in the Hermosillo parts factory. Ford said 2,304 Mach-E vehicles are affected by the recall. Of that number, 741 are in customer hands and 1,563 are on hold by dealers.

A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers the week of January 3rd, 2022 when it is anticipated the parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall. These vehicles need a rear seatbelt anchor thread repair such as: Heli-Coil® application-specific thread repair kits make complex repairs manageable and are often the recommended solution by both domestic and foreign automakers. Heli-Coil ® inserts are available in thread repair kits and sets for permanently repairing tapped holes which have been stripped or damaged due to wear, corrosion, and over-torque. If a vehicle is delivered to a buyer or lessee unrepaired, the dealer could face civil penalties of up to $21,000 per vehicle.
Let’s hope it’s a quick fix and these kits are readily available. Another poster reported parts wouldn’t be available for the recall until 3/1. If that were the case, I’d be apoplectic.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

I have a GTPE inbound that was built week of November 1. This link does not show that it is subject to any recall. I need to call the stealer dealer on Monday, but since others have had their cars pop up in this tool, seems like this car might not be subject to a stop-sale?

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
I have a GTPE inbound that was built week of November 1. This link does not show that it is subject to any recall. I need to call the stealer dealer on Monday, but since others have had their cars pop up in this tool, seems like this car might not be subject to a stop-sale?
Interesting, I also have a GTPE that was built 10/16, sitting in a rail yard near my dealer for a couple of weeks now and it also shows no results on this link. Could it be that GTs or GTPE’s were built with different parts with respect to the seatbelt recall?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Interesting, I also have a GTPE that was built 10/16, sitting in a rail yard near my dealer for a couple of weeks now and it also shows no results on this link. Could it be that GTs or GTPE’s were built with different parts with respect to the seatbelt recall?
I'm sure they have more than one box of seatbelt mounting parts! I gotta call the dealer on Monday and see if they have any clue about if my inbound car is affected.

neutrino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE & Rivian R1T
Country flag
It’s entirely possible as well that the linked Ford website I pointed to doesn’t flag all cars subject to the service campaign. Or maybe as proposed there are some cars impacted some not during the time period.

My apologies for saying definitive source… it may not be that at all.

Griff

First Name
Griff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
PhD Student
Country flag
What do you need to look for to determine if the car is affected? My VIN is

3FMTK3SU6MMA56645

looks unaffected even though my dealer said it was.

LJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat, 2018 Kona
Country flag
My GT was build week 11/18 and is part of the recall.

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
My GT was build week 11/18 and is part of the recall.
Does yours say it is on that link or did your dealer say it was? My dealer called earlier this week to say it was but I don’t know if he knew that for sure or they just got the notice and put all Mach-e’s on hold.

LJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat, 2018 Kona
Country flag
Does yours say it is on that link or did your dealer say it was? My dealer called earlier this week to say it was but I don’t know if he knew that for sure or they just got the notice and put all Mach-e’s on hold.
My dealer told me it was. I called them to ask when I found out about the recall. Does not show on the link. My car is suppose to be there, delivered the 23rd. They were closed the 24th thru the 26th. I went by there today to see if I could see, I did not. I am going in tomorrow and see what the deal is. They already told me that they cannot sell it to me until the repair is done.

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
My dealer told me it was. I called them to ask when I found out about the recall. Does not show on the link. My car is suppose to be there, delivered the 23rd. They were closed the 24th thru the 26th. I went by there today to see if I could see, I did not. I am going in tomorrow and see what the deal is. They already told me that they cannot sell it to me until the repair is done.
so we are in the same boat. We have GT’s inbound that don’t show a recall on the ETIS site but our dealers say they are included.
Sponsored