Recall work - Phoenix Metro Dealer Experiences

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I know there is already a dealer experience thread for the valley but thought it would be good to start a new thread for the recall work specifically. Has anyone had their recall work done by a dealer in the valley? Was the work done well? I'm most interested in Chapman Ford or Automation Ford in Scottsdale as they are the closest to me. Thanks!
Sponsored

Kmcelroy82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD Ext Range
Country flag
I know there is already a dealer experience thread for the valley but thought it would be good to start a new thread for the recall work specifically. Has anyone had their recall work done by a dealer in the valley? Was the work done well? I'm most interested in Chapman Ford or Automation Ford in Scottsdale as they are the closest to me. Thanks!
My experience at Camelback service, although not recall-specific, has been poor. They are never prepared for my appointment, despite detailing what issue needed addressing in my booking. Usually required more than one trip, and often needed to leave MME with them for days. Loaner usually unavailable. They're the closest dealer to me, and the one I purchased from. But I will probably go out of my way to Chapman, who was professional and prompt the one time I used them

pottslaw

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD ER (Infinite Blue)
Country flag
I've used Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, but have not been impressed. "Appointments" are merely time slots for a vehicle to be dropped off. They will tell you it may take up to 48 hours for a tech to get to your vehicle. We used Larry H Miller Ford in Mesa for a recall for my wife's Ford Edge, and it was a much better experience.

Has anyone here in the valley completed the windshield/roof glass recall? I'd love to hear how it went.

WSpartan

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I'm taking mine for glass recall and module updates on Friday to San Tan Ford. I will report back. Also a loaner is reserved for me but they told me it should be done Friday. Will see

Bobbo58

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi E-Tron, 2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've used Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, but have not been impressed. "Appointments" are merely time slots for a vehicle to be dropped off. They will tell you it may take up to 48 hours for a tech to get to your vehicle. We used Larry H Miller Ford in Mesa for a recall for my wife's Ford Edge, and it was a much better experience.

Has anyone here in the valley completed the windshield/roof glass recall? I'd love to hear how it went.
Earnhardt did my replacement on windshield/glass seems to be a good job. 4 days to do it though.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm taking mine for glass recall and module updates on Friday to San Tan Ford. I will report back. Also a loaner is reserved for me but they told me it should be done Friday. Will see
Did you get your car back same day like they promised?

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
what was your experience at San Tan? I purchased my MME at LHM and have had a great experience with sales finance and service so far. However with regards to the recall, they are having coordinating body shop and the glass companies schedules. I am awaiting a call from my LHM service advisor for more detail.

cdc1671

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E ER/AWD
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Had my recall work done at Chapman @Thomas. Was the same drop off and took 2 days but the experience was generally quick and friendly. Also, I am happy to say that they have improved their EV experience as they charged my MME before pickup. So props where due.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Had my recall work done at Chapman @Thomas. Was the same drop off and took 2 days but the experience was generally quick and friendly. Also, I am happy to say that they have improved their EV experience as they charged my MME before pickup. So props where due.
Who was your service advisor?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Good feedback, thanks.

If you don't mind, which service advisor did you use?

I've been trying to schedule this work through three different advisors there and none are getting back to me over my attempts these last two months.

So now I've given up and scheduled through San Tan... I've got a date now, but it's about six weeks from now. ?

moocrab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Called Rodeo Ford to inquire about the recall and the service advisor didn't have anything to offer, he suggested calling back in a few weeks.

Called and scheduled with Earnhardt Ford in Chandler. I dropped my car off on a Sunday using the night drop and got the car back late Tuesday afternoon. They called me right away at 7 on Monday and again later that day to advise that the glass component of the recall was done. I suppose the software update part took longer probably due to staffing issues or something. Earnhardt did not have any loaners, or offer any sort of shuttle service (I'm accustomed to the Camelback dealers using uber/lyft.) The could provide a rental but advised that Ford would only pay so much and that I'd have to make up the difference.

I'm not sure what software they installed or what it did. My car already had 2.1.0 on it and once I got the car back it showed that version again to be recently installed. The only noticeable difference is that the GOM seems to be much worse at predictions but that could be entirely coincidental since it's gotten cold here lately.

One other thing to note is that my windshield had small crack/pit at the bottom of the glass in the black area that was previously repaired. The service advisor originally said it would be fine but after receiving the vehicle called me numerous times to explain the possibility of the glass shattering upon removal. Long story short Earnhardt didn't have any spare glass available but could acquire it from San Tan if needed. In the end my glass didn't break, but I believe that they said San Tan had 7-8 replacements available. Might be worth considering having the work done there. Another interesting note is that this glass advisor said that his company does the work for most of the dealerships in the valley so it's surprising that some don't know the state or availability of the recall.

And, totally unrelated to the recall work I took a look around the Earnhardt lot because I have my eye on another vehicle that I'd like to purchase. The current state of the market is such that Earnhardt does not test drives of new vehicles and they are adding significant dealer markup (I think they said 10%). The vehicle I was looking at had a window sticker showing something around $22k but they said I could not leave with it for less than somewhere around $40k. I'm pretty sure that the sticker was wrong and with the options the price should have been around $32k or so, but still. Definitely not dealing with market adjustments.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I had the recall done at Chapman Ford. Tim Beal was the service advisor, who has been great. Get this, I emailed him and left voice mails and he actually responded! Miraculous!

In any case, I took the car in on Monday and I picked it up on Wednesday afternoon. They gave me a rental. They also fixed my steering wheel buttons being rubbed off and 21p22. They did 21p22 correctly, except did not print every module updated on the paperwork like they were supposed to. But @DevSecOps kindly verified they did get updated.

The only thing is the driver side a-pillar isn't quite as tight and neat as before and doesn't match the passenger side. I have an appointment to get that fixed on Monday.

Edit: Well the A pillar looks nice and flush now, but the scratched it :(

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Just scheduled my recall work with Chapman as well. Unfortunately they are now estimating 4-5 days for the work. Will be dropping it off on Wednesday. I'll update once I get the car back.

OP
OP

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Got the car back early from Chapman, only took 2 days. Don't see any issues, only hiccup was with the rental car. Was supposed to get one for two days but when I was dropped off at enterprise Wednesday morning they said they didn't actually have any cars and wouldn't have one available until the afternoon. I ended up just passing entirely since I didn't really need it. I would suggest calling ahead before getting dropped off to make sure a car is available if you are getting a rental to avoid a wasted trip

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Got the car back early from Chapman, only took 2 days. Don't see any issues, only hiccup was with the rental car. Was supposed to get one for two days but when I was dropped off at enterprise Wednesday morning they said they didn't actually have any cars and wouldn't have one available until the afternoon. I ended up just passing entirely since I didn't really need it. I would suggest calling ahead before getting dropped off to make sure a car is available if you are getting a rental to avoid a wasted trip
I had issues with the loaner fron San Tan as well. They wanted my proof of insurance and expected me to pay $4.59 per gallon for gasoline. Plus they said there was a 25% chance the windshield would break and I have a tint strip across the top which they wouldn't replace if the windshield breaks. My windshield is pretty new. Installed a month or two ago. Is the third windshield for the car.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't worth the risk to let them mess with the car so I asked for my fob and drove off.
Sponsored