First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Standard Range
Country flag
Hi,
Is anyone in Eastern Mass having any luck with dealerships doing the windscreen and roof recalls or just customer service in general? Colonial Ford and Jonelle Ford are our nearest dealers and they're both pretty useless. If you didn't buy your car from their dealership they don't consider you one of "their" customers. They're both claiming that the adhesive required for the recalls is on backorder and they don't know when, if ever, it's going to come in. I see people across the country are getting the recalls done, but it seems to beyond these two companies abilities or interest level.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I haven’t had mine done yet (waiting for warmer weather), but I know Bonnell Ford was ordering a spare windshield to have on hand in case one breaks in the process. That is something almost dealers have been reluctant to do. They also have a body shop on site that will be needed to remove the headliner for the roof recall.

One of their service advisors has a Mach-E too so she was going to be their Guinea pig.

OP
OP

Roxy'sHusband

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Standard Range
Country flag
So, basically, it sounds like you're getting the same level of run-around and disinterest I'm getting down here. I'm being told the problem is getting the adhesive. Then there's the problem of scheduling the body shop, and the glass shop, and who knows what else.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I would not recommend Kelly Ford in Beverly. I could not get a professional response to body damage that occured prior to delivery.
  • Sales says talk to Service Manager
  • Service Manager say talk to General Manager
  • General Manager doesn't take or return phone calls
Seems like we are learning what Tesla knows - dealers do nothing to add to the ownership experience and some do plenty to damage it.

OP
OP

Roxy'sHusband

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Standard Range
Country flag
Seems like we are learning what Tesla knows - dealers do nothing to add to the ownership experience and some do plenty to damage it.
The American public has known that for over 100 years but, unfortunately, it's still the only game in town with no accountability to the mothership.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
I'm just south of Worcester and I tried to have mine taken care of last month. I checked 3 times with the dealership before I brought my car, I was assured they had what they needed and they could do the recalls (just maybe not the roof). I pick my car up the next day, recalls not done, and no explanation given. A bad review later than the GM called me, said they have to be done by a Ford certified auto body shop, and they currently don't have one. I was told I'd be called back at some point when they can do it though... I won't be holding my breath.

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Hi,
Is anyone in Eastern Mass having any luck with dealerships doing the windscreen and roof recalls or just customer service in general? Colonial Ford and Jonelle Ford are our nearest dealers and they're both pretty useless. If you didn't buy your car from their dealership they don't consider you one of "their" customers. They're both claiming that the adhesive required for the recalls is on backorder and they don't know when, if ever, it's going to come in. I see people across the country are getting the recalls done, but it seems to beyond these two companies abilities or interest level.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
No luck in Central mass either...waiting almost two months now. To be honest I am in no rush to have this repair done!

gangleeoso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I got my recall done by Jack Madden Ford in Norwood. Took them a couple weeks to get the parts in, but they knew about the recall and what was needed. They don't have a glass guy in house though so after dropping it off it took about a week to get it done. Unfortunately I had to take it back because my windshield washer fluid no longer worked (it's not empty) and the driver seatbelt no longer retracted. It took them a couple days to fix the issues.

No rental available at Jack Madden because the company they worked with for rentals closed. I didn't push on this very hard because I have a second car.

OP
OP

Roxy'sHusband

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Standard Range
Country flag
I just had the recall, major software update, and summer tire mounting and balancing all done at Greico Ford in Raynham, and I'd recommend them. The only issue I have is that their glass contractor cracked our windshield, so we have to take it back again later so they can replace it under warranty as their own fault. Inconvenient but still better service than I got from any other dealership.

I got jerked around by Colonial Ford, who never seemed to answer the phone and didn't return voicemails, as well as Janell Ford who, giving the same level of customer disservice as Colonial, also informed me they weren't able to keep up with "their own customers", meaning if I didn't buy my car from them then they weren't interested in my service business. Both dealerships strung me along on the recall for over 6 months, claiming they couldn't get the adhesive, it was too difficult to organize with other vendors, and a host of other excuses. Basically, they're either shit dealerships or were just dodging me because they weren't interested in doing warranty work.

I would also add that, when we were shopping for our Mach E last summer, Janell were charging a $5k price gouge over MSRP, so we walked away from that deal.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
I just had the recall, major software update, and summer tire mounting and balancing all done at Greico Ford in Raynham, and I'd recommend them. The only issue I have is that their glass contractor cracked our windshield, so we have to take it back again later so they can replace it under warranty as their own fault. Inconvenient but still better service than I got from any other dealership.

I got jerked around by Colonial Ford, who never seemed to answer the phone and didn't return voicemails, as well as Janell Ford who, giving the same level of customer disservice as Colonial, also informed me they weren't able to keep up with "their own customers", meaning if I didn't buy my car from them then they weren't interested in my service business. Both dealerships strung me along on the recall for over 6 months, claiming they couldn't get the adhesive, it was too difficult to organize with other vendors, and a host of other excuses. Basically, they're either shit dealerships or were just dodging me because they weren't interested in doing warranty work.

I would also add that, when we were shopping for our Mach E last summer, Janell were charging a $5k price gouge over MSRP, so we walked away from that deal.
That's actually where I bought mine from. I paid a thousand over MSRP from them, not too bad. But my MME had an issue before I even got it. They had bad communication regarding resolving it so I took it to another dealer that was able to resolve it. Maybe I'll try them for the glass recall.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's actually where I bought mine from. I paid a thousand over MSRP from them, not too bad. But my MME had an issue before I even got it. They had bad communication regarding resolving it so I took it to another dealer that was able to resolve it. Maybe I'll try them for the glass recall.
I got mine done at Watertown Ford. they didn't do it in house but used a glass and body shop which they completely managed. Gave me a loaner without issue. Took about 4 days. I did have to go back to get the wipers adjusted which they did in 10 minutes. They waited scheduling until they had all the required parts. They did not break the windshield when removing it. I bought my car from them with no mark up back in April 2021.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got mine done at Watertown Ford. they didn't do it in house but used a glass and body shop which they completely managed. Gave me a loaner without issue. Took about 4 days. I did have to go back to get the wipers adjusted which they did in 10 minutes. They waited scheduling until they had all the required parts. They did not break the windshield when removing it. I bought my car from them with no mark up back in April 2021.
I contacted Shawn Murphy directly when scheduling the recall for the glass. I was the first and he was very helpful and made sure all the steps were taken and planned in advance.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
I'm looking for info on this as well..I went to Wareham ford for a lift gate adjustment and software update. but trying to do the glass recalls is like pulling teeth...body manager still has yet to call...really thinking about Balise here on the Cape however friends had a bad experience at their Nissan location...it's a recall..fix the thing and lets all get on with our lives
Sponsored