Sureshot125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag
Daaang that looks sharp! Resin right? What's your printer?
Resin printing is a scourge on my life, but it makes nice prints. I got an elegoo Mars pro 2. It’s affordable but I had to put it in a tent for the smell and the toxicity of the materials and the cleaning makes it not worth it IMO. If I had to do it again I would just get a regular FDM printer and dial it in
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I'd have paid for the First Edition if it was available in RWD.

Just saying, I would have loved to have had this little model for my car, I feel like mine is every bit as "collector" as a First Edition, and it'll be treated as such at car shows, etc. Would love to have one of these models on the dash at Cars & Coffee :(
As much as I would like this with my Premium, I completely understand why only the FEs would get it. I doubt the GTs will either, maybe they will do it again once some Shelby Mach-Es come out.

Dkuhnke

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered Mach e FE, but ETA is anyone's guess
Occupation
retired engineer
Country flag
It will be interesting to see if I get one. I'm picking my MMe FE this Wednesday, with the Ceramic coating applied to Carbonized Gray.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Resin printing is a scourge on my life, but it makes nice prints. I got an elegoo Mars pro 2. It’s affordable but I had to put it in a tent for the smell and the toxicity of the materials and the cleaning makes it not worth it IMO. If I had to do it again I would just get a regular FDM printer and dial it in
Funny you should say that. I juuuuuuuuuust managed to dial in my new Prusa mini. Took a while but I think I'm there...at least for PLA. My friend keeps sending photos of his elegoo prints and they look insane!!! Just made some basement space to potentially vent fumes to add a resin printer. I definitely see benefit to having both...but that glossy finish you have is gorgeous! I printed our first one of those stl before I had it dialed down as well so maybe I'll have to give it another shot. My new setting are pretty smooth and satiny...but nothing like resin.

Sureshot125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag
Funny you should say that. I juuuuuuuuuust managed to dial in my new Prusa mini. Took a while but I think I'm there...at least for PLA. My friend keeps sending photos of his elegoo prints and they look insane!!! Just made some basement space to potentially vent fumes to add a resin printer. I definitely see benefit to having both...but that glossy finish you have is gorgeous! I printed our first one of those stl before I had it dialed down as well so maybe I'll have to give it another shot. My new setting are pretty smooth and satiny...but nothing like resin.
Honestly I’m borderline concerned most days that it’s a health risk. Between the fumes and the toxicity if you got it on your skin. I have it in a grow tent with all these extra cleaning mechanisms and the cost of it’s pretty excessive.

And that shiny finish will go away, I’m going to go clean it now, but realistically it doesn’t stay that way, it’s just the gloss of the extra resin on it until it gets clean

If you really want resin, I would recommend something like a form labs, they are much more expensive but at least you don’t get random resins with chemistries you can’t validate. A company has a stand behind it and I think the chemistry is more well done. Much less smell too.

Reactions: Liv

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if yours is blue. Congrats.

Just got notification of a FedEx label created by Ford Performance, reference is:

1613994822365.png

Pretty cool!

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
As much as I would like this with my Premium, I completely understand why only the FEs would get it. I doubt the GTs will either, maybe they will do it again once some Shelby Mach-Es come out.
I'd be less bummed if they'd have offered a First Edition in the way I wanted to buy it.

I'd have paid the same price as the rest of the First Editions, I just don't want that front motor.

Reactions: ARK

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'd be less bummed if they'd have offered a First Edition in the way I wanted to buy it.

I'd have paid the same price as the rest of the First Editions, I just don't want that front motor.
You may have wanted the ID.4 First Edition then. I think it is RWD.

I doubt VW will mail new owners a printed plastic poly pony, though.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
You may have wanted the ID.4 First Edition then. I think it is RWD.

I doubt VW will mail new owners a plastic poly pony, though.
No, I want a Mustang Mach-E RWD, which is what I bought. I would have loved the purely cosmetic enhancements to make it a First Edition, but not at the unacceptable compromise of adding a front motor that Ford insisted on.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Our preference was for the light interior so that was our initial decision against the FE when the price difference was less. Had it been available we probably would have reserved one at the time, but now I couldn't make the leap at the bigger price difference. Once you get over $55k it probably doesn't matter, but I'm cheap ;) Digging the special surprise gift though.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would think once Ford gets the customer info from the purchase they will send it out to you. I doubt it matters if you reserved it or not.

Hoping mine is red also.

That’s if I get one at all having bought the FE off the lot. ??

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Honestly I’m borderline concerned most days that it’s a health risk. Between the fumes and the toxicity if you got it on your skin. I have it in a grow tent with all these extra cleaning mechanisms and the cost of it’s pretty excessive.

And that shiny finish will go away, I’m going to go clean it now, but realistically it doesn’t stay that way, it’s just the gloss of the extra resin on it until it gets clean

If you really want resin, I would recommend something like a form labs, they are much more expensive but at least you don’t get random resins with chemistries you can’t validate. A company has a stand behind it and I think the chemistry is more well done. Much less smell too.
Good to hear other viewpoints. I wondered if my friend was being a bit casual about it! I used to be able to use the resin printers at my work and I was super spoilt since we had a post production team do all the finishing! Can't wait to see how your final prints look!!
Sponsored