Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
So I got a random FedEx delivery confirmation from Ford Performance, but I hadn't ordered anything so wondered what it might be.

FedEx delivered 3 days early and this was the package.

Any guesses what's inside?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mach-E First Edition gift - 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display 1

Clue #2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mach-E First Edition gift - 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display 2

ANSWER!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mach-E First Edition gift - 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display

3D printed fractal pony with VIN display.

Nice little extra. I wish it had a "# of total"
(Has anyone heard how many total FE'S are being produced?)

The tracking info had identified "Carbonized Gray" so I am wondering if they will also be printed in Rapid Red and Grabber Blue?

UPDATED WITH FORD PRESS RELEASE:

FORD MUSTANG MACH-E FIRST EDITION CUSTOMERS RECEIVE EXTRA 3D-PRINTED SURPRISE WITH THEIR ELECTRIC PONIES

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_01

DEARBORN, Mich., April 23, 2021 – Mustang Mach-E First Edition customers in the U.S. are getting a little extra surprise from their ponies, thanks to the team at the Ford Advanced Manufacturing Center.

Each Mustang Mach-E First Edition customer will receive a special collectible wireframe pony sculpture in the color corresponding to their vehicle’s paint job, created with the help of 3D printing.

The sculpture is based on the large-scale wireframe model of the pony featured at the global reveal of Mustang Mach-E in November 2019.

The wireframe pony sculptures are 3D-printed in white plastic in-house at the Ford Advanced Manufacturing Center in Redford. They are then sent to a dye facility where they are dyed one of three colors – Rapid Red Metallic, Grabber Blue Metallic or Carbonized Gray – to correspond with available color choices for First Edition. Included is a baseplate with the vehicle’s VIN.

The collectible wireframe pony marks the first time Ford has issued a 3D-printed component as part of a gift directly to the customer – and it’s allowing additive manufacturing to establish a new-use case within the enterprise.

“This isn’t the first time we’ve 3D-printed a vehicle part, but this one is different,” said Harold Sears, technical leader for additive manufacturing. “It highlights a special connection with the customer and is really exciting because it showcases the potential to personalize. When you think additive manufacturing, you think of making parts, assembly fixtures or jigs to help build a vehicle, but this is another place where additive manufacturing can shine.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_02

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_03

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_04

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
So I got a random FedEx delivery confirmation from Ford Performance, but I hadn't ordered anything so wondered what it might be.
FedEx delivered 3 days early and this was the package.
Any guesses what's inside?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mach-E First Edition gift - 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display 1
Ford Performance? Probably a diesel tune chip for your Mach E?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Interesting, what is inside? ?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I would guess a mini model of your car and color with your name on it?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope I get one, I am buying my FE off the lot.

OP
OP
Tsand4

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mach-E First Edition gift - 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display

3D printed fractal pony with VIN display.

Nice little extra. I wish it had a "# of total"
(Has anyone heard how many total FE'S are being produced?)

The tracking info had identified "Carbonized Gray" so I am wondering if they will also be printed in Rapid Red and Grabber Blue?