Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I purchased an FE from dealer stock on February 13 and still nothing.
Nothing for me either. I had some problems with the paperwork (something about transferring from a fleet order?), but got that worked out in early Feb. Hmmm...

TheLazyDev

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Escape, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2021 Mach E FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Purchased mine on 2/25/21, still nothing either. Mine was a dealer purchased vehicle.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Over the course of the last month we purchased 2 MME FE's and got the fractal pony within 2 weeks for both cars. Just got my grey one yesterday.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
For those of you who are not getting the pony in the mail, I wonder if it is because these were dealer purchases as opposed to reservation holders. I picked up my car 2/21/21 and received the pony within 3 weeks and then a couple weeks ago, I received the H2O travelling coffee thing (early so i can remember name..o_O) that sits in the cupholder.

I wonder if the dealer received these instead.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
For those of you who are not getting the pony in the mail, I wonder if it is because these were dealer purchases as opposed to reservation holders. I picked up my car 2/21/21 and received the pony within 3 weeks and then a couple weeks ago, I received the H2O travelling coffee thing (early so i can remember name..o_O) that sits in the cupholder.

I wonder if the dealer received these instead.
Mine was a dealer purchase, but was a cancelled order.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FORD MUSTANG MACH-E FIRST EDITION CUSTOMERS RECEIVE EXTRA 3D-PRINTED SURPRISE WITH THEIR ELECTRIC PONIES
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_01

DEARBORN, Mich., April 23, 2021 – Mustang Mach-E First Edition customers in the U.S. are getting a little extra surprise from their ponies, thanks to the team at the Ford Advanced Manufacturing Center.

Each Mustang Mach-E First Edition customer will receive a special collectible wireframe pony sculpture in the color corresponding to their vehicle’s paint job, created with the help of 3D printing.

The sculpture is based on the large-scale wireframe model of the pony featured at the global reveal of Mustang Mach-E in November 2019.

The wireframe pony sculptures are 3D-printed in white plastic in-house at the Ford Advanced Manufacturing Center in Redford. They are then sent to a dye facility where they are dyed one of three colors – Rapid Red Metallic, Grabber Blue Metallic or Carbonized Gray – to correspond with available color choices for First Edition. Included is a baseplate with the vehicle’s VIN.

The collectible wireframe pony marks the first time Ford has issued a 3D-printed component as part of a gift directly to the customer – and it’s allowing additive manufacturing to establish a new-use case within the enterprise.

“This isn’t the first time we’ve 3D-printed a vehicle part, but this one is different,” said Harold Sears, technical leader for additive manufacturing. “It highlights a special connection with the customer and is really exciting because it showcases the potential to personalize. When you think additive manufacturing, you think of making parts, assembly fixtures or jigs to help build a vehicle, but this is another place where additive manufacturing can shine.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_01
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_02
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_03
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received a Mach-E First Edition surprise gift! 3D printed fractal pony with VIN display. Mustang-Mach-E_Sculptures_04

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I still remain confused why First Editions are getting this even if they were "#MachDrops" and waited less time than us Day #1 reservation holders who didn't want AWD so couldn't pick the First Edition package...
It's all about who bought First Editions, not how they got there.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Mustang Mach-E First Edition customers in the U.S. are getting a little extra surprise from their ponies...
I guess that it is now clear that we, EUR people, are going to be excluded from this... again! ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I guess that it is now clear that we, EUR people, are going to be excluded from this... again! ?
Maybe. Maybe not. They may be awaiting EU/UK deliveries to send them out and make an announcement.