IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Hello all. The excitement and exhilaration of receiving my MME today was dampened an hour later when I returned home and checked email. I received THAT Ford email notifying of the delay to “ensure your complete satisfaction.” I do not want to get too excited if I must return it to Ford. Has anyone else experienced this dilemma? Any ideas or thoughts? I will check with the dealership tomorrow. I hope that I do not have to return it. FRACK!!!!

p.s. I apologize if this issue has already been addressed, I searched but found nothing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received Delay Email After Delivery of My Mach-E MME @ Home y Delay Email
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hahahaha what? That is ridiculous. I'm curious what the dealer/Ford have to say about this

Reactions: UW2

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Hello all. The excitement and exhilaration of receiving my MME today was dampened an hour later when I returned home and checked email. I received THAT Ford email notifying of the delay to “ensure your complete satisfaction.” I do not want to get too excited if I must return it to Ford. Has anyone else experienced this dilemma? Any ideas or thoughts? I will check with the dealership tomorrow. I hope that I do not have to return it. FRACK!!!!

p.s. I apologize if this issue has already been addressed, I searched but found nothing.

MME @ Home y Delay Email.jpg
Well this makes me a little nervous - I picked up my MME 2 days ago (400 miles from where I live!) and it was not an order! I got it because a deal fell through - so if there is an issue would Ford notify me or the dealer? Could I take it to my local ford for "servicing or returning?" Sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: UW2

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
This ordering process and the disconnect between dealer/Ford is pathetic. My custom orders from Audi have always been tracked, Audi knew everything about it. Ford pushes you to the dealer.. My product week was 1/17, VIN check shows production date on 1/29 but still no word.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If your VIN is effected they will have to reach out to you... if you take it to the dealer I don’t know if they know what it means ... worth a call perhaps. This may also be a systems mixup

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think you are fine, it’s probably just their system acting up. I got hit with a four week delay email as my delivery date came due yesterday. My dealer assured me today my car is still a couple of days away. It must be some rule based delay email as opposed to someone at Ford looking up the VINS and saying ‘yep, we need a few more weeks for that one’.

In looking closer at the image you posted, your ETA was also yesterday so I think it was close enough where what I wrote above applies to you too - you bought your car the moment it came in but Ford’s system didn’t even realize yet it had been delivered so the rule was triggered and you got the delay email.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
If your VIN is effected they will have to reach out to you... if you take it to the dealer I don’t know if they know what it means ... worth a call perhaps. This may also be a systems mixup
I'm going into hiding for awhile, so that I can just chill with my MME. Y'all ain't heard from me and don't know my whereabouts.

I'll contact the dealership on Monday.

The email was actually sent twenty minutes before I completed the paperwork at the dealership; the MME was dropped off at the dealership this morning. I wonder why they didn't "STOPSHIP" it if they wanted it back....

I'm off to go into hiding.

Compare Times.JPG

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
I think you are fine, it’s probably just their system acting up. I got hit with a four week delay email as my delivery date came due yesterday. My dealer assured me today my car is still a couple of days away. It must be some rule based delay email as opposed to someone at Ford looking up the VINS and saying ‘yep, we need a few more weeks for that one’.

In looking closer at the image you posted, your ETA was also yesterday so I think it was close enough where what I wrote above applies to you too - you bought your car the moment it came in but Ford’s system didn’t even realize yet it had been delivered so the rule was triggered and you got the delay email.
I hope that you are right. But, if you really want to make me feel better-FedEx me a few In & Out burgers. The burgers will alleviate the anxiety.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Think of it as a legal issue. Technically you have a signed contract that the car is your so you do not have to return it. Ford knew about what bins were effected and should have sent notifications out.
So technically Ford or dealer can not force you to return the car. They will have a hard legal battle.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think you can safely assume this is just another example of Ford's very bad communication with buyers. Yesterday, I get an email from Ford telling me I would be delayed until March 3. That was apparently the same day my car was put on a truck in Kansas City to be sent to me in Wisconsin. Dealer says he expects it to arrive here next week. I have zero confidence that any of this is accurate but Ford's repeatedly poor communication would convince me to just ignore the email that is worrying you.

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I hope that you are right. But, if you really want to make me feel better-FedEx me a few In & Out burgers. The burgers will alleviate the anxiety.
I think it’s the perfect opportunity for you to test out the Ford Pass network and tell us all about it as you make a burger run in your new electric ride ?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes its clearly an email about why your car isn't going to get there in case it didn't, but obviously it did. Those went out 11-14 days ago apologizing for the delay. Like many said here, Ford's Communication is a bit lacking. Enjoy your MachE. I believe this is just as big a deal ton Ford and the media as the original Mustang. You are a small part of history.