methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I wonder if those e-mails somehow got sent instead of what I received once my Mach-E was delivered:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received Delay Email After Delivery of My Mach-E 1612614459386
Sponsored

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
I wonder if those e-mails somehow got sent instead of what I received once my Mach-E was delivered:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Received Delay Email After Delivery of My Mach-E 1612614459386
Hmmm, that could be a far-fetched mistake. I think that my concerns are more pronounced FOR ME because my MME was produced around the same time that the other MMEs were held up at the Speedway. I hope to have an answer from the dealership tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, the MME does not appreciate sub-zero (*F) weather.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
I was a silly fool and my worries were unfounded. The dealer advised that Ford is really slow and errant in sending emails. That's good to know, as a first-time Ford buyer.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I got the horrible email on Friday also. However, mine was dispatched Monday morning, arrived at the dealership Monday afternoon but could not be unloaded due to the below zero temperatures and breaking the hydraulics on the ramp. It was depressing to watch it be so close and but so far away. The trailer was repaired and it delivered this morning. I will be picking up this afternoon!

The latest issue from Friday I am guessing is transportation related. The cold weather and snow/ice around the country are slowing down deliveries. Certain fuels the trucks use start to gel up at low temperatures and some trucks are not ready for the cold weather. Ford gave themselves extra cushion for this.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the horrible email on Friday also. However, mine was dispatched Monday morning, arrived at the dealership Monday afternoon but could not be unloaded due to the below zero temperatures and breaking the hydraulics on the ramp. It was depressing to watch it be so close and but so far away. The trailer was repaired and it delivered this morning. I will be picking up this afternoon!

The latest issue from Friday I am guessing is transportation related. The cold weather and snow/ice around the country are slowing down deliveries. Certain fuels the trucks use start to gel up at low temperatures and some trucks are not ready for the cold weather. Ford gave themselves extra cushion for this.
Cancel picking up this afternoon. They say it is on the charger and I will not be able to pick it up until tomorrow morning!! What are they doing, charging it on a wall charger at the dealership?!?!?!?!?

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
Cancel picking up this afternoon. They say it is on the charger and I will not be able to pick it up until tomorrow morning!! What are they doing, charging it on a wall charger at the dealership?!?!?!?!?
Was your car sent via rail or truck to
your dealership?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup probably their level-2. I'd tell them (and what I'll tell my dealership if they say the same thing) is that I'll take it whatever charge it has in it--don't need to charge to 100%.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup probably their level-2. I'd tell them (and what I'll tell my dealership if they say the same thing) is that I'll take it whatever charge it has in it--don't need to charge to 100%.
"Ford requires that we fully charge the vehicle as part of the pre-delivery inspection."
The dealership will not let it go. I responded back how disappointing that is and that they need to get a new charging unit if they plan to be the biggest EV dealership in Wisconsin. I included the owner.

Was your car sent via rail or truck to
your dealership?
Railed to Kansas and trucked to Dealer.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
"Ford requires that we fully charge the vehicle as part of the pre-delivery inspection."
The dealership will not let it go. I responded back how disappointing that is and that they need to get a new charging unit if they plan to be the biggest EV dealership in Wisconsin. I included the owner.

Railed to Kansas and trucked to Dealer.
I told my dealer I didn't care about charging as well, but it must've arrived pretty high as it only spent a few hours in PDI before I went to pick it up and by the time I got there it was already at 100% on their level 2.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I told my dealer I didn't care about charging as well, but it must've arrived pretty high as it only spent a few hours in PDI before I went to pick it up and by the time I got there it was already at 100% on their level 2.
I'm sure the extra night in the -16 temps didn't help it sitting on top of the carrier waiting to get repaired. But still...come on, more that 10 hours on the charger...it should be full. It's not the extended range.

If I offer to drive them to the EA charger for a test drive, wonder if they'd bite.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I signed all the paperwork and got to drive it. Pick it up at noon tomorrow. I connected Ford Pass and am watching them charge it. Seriously, I was joking when I asked if it was connected to a regular wall outlet to charge at the dealer...judging by the screen shot, it is!!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Received Delay Email After Delivery of My Mach-E Screenshot_20210209-175308_FordPass

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
Received a notification that my car was just dispatched from Kentucky. It was "delayed" until 2/17-2/23 last week.
Sponsored