Recommendations for all season tires to replace summer tires on new MME Premium AWD

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
In order to get my 2022 MME Premiums AWD ER to be built I had to agree to switch it to summer tires vs. the all season tires it would have come with as I live in Wisconsin. The car has been built and as of Monday it shipped so expecting it soon. I am wondering if any of you have thoughts on the following:

1. Does anyone know what specific 19" summer tires come on a MME AWD Premium?

2. What brand / model of 225/55 R19 all season tire would you recommend?

3. My dealer does not want to purchase the summer tires that will come off, thoughts on best place to sell them?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
This is the first I'm sure anyone has heard of this. The only cars that come with summer tires at the GTs and they're Pirelli P Zeros. Premiums come with all seasons, I don't believe there has been any change to this...

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
If keeping the same wheels, I like the idea of going up to a 235/55R19 tire size.
Michelin CrossClimate2 if you've got snow.
Continental CrossContact LX25 otherwise.
đź‘Ť

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Unless its already been modified by the dealer prior to your purchase, it already comes with all season tires.

If it truly comes with summers then just buy a set of winter tires. Best of both worlds. All season tires should really be called no season tires since their performance is crappy 100% of the time even though they are the most convenient tire to own.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Why not get the OEM all season tires that ships with the Mach-E. I believe they are Michelin Primacy A/S model.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I would pick a new tire with some sort of EcoFocus on it. Two tires in this category that are my favorite: Continental PureContact LS and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S. My pick is Michelin as they have a substantially stiffer side wall that will help reduce some body roll with the heavy weight of the Mach-E.

I will be installing aftermarket wheels (20x9) in a few weeks and have chosen a 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S. They're the best competitor to the Continental DWS06+, but offers a tire with a stiffer sidewall.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
In order to get my 2022 MME Premiums AWD ER to be built I had to agree to switch it to summer tires vs. the all season tires it would have come with as I live in Wisconsin. The car has been built and as of Monday it shipped so expecting it soon. I am wondering if any of you have thoughts on the following:

3. My dealer does not want to purchase the summer tires that will come off, thoughts on best place to sell them?
Since I have a mid-summer '21 made 4XP, my MME came with 225/55 R19 V XL Conti PremiumContact 6 shoes. In May I suffered a puncture too close to the sidewall and learnt the Conti's were not available anywhere, so I wound up replacing a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires. I kept the 3 good Contis (6k miles) and will try to find a 4th down the road.

So why Michelins? Basically because they were available and they met the load and speed needs of the MME. I probably have 1k miles on these now, and they do drive well. They are less stiff than the Conti's, though I think they have a bit more rolling resistance as I certainly notice the tread on pavement sound when backing out of the garage even after 1k miles of driving.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

There is a very active discussion on this topic in the GT forum, which come with summer tires. I am switching the Pirellis for Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06 Plus tires. Highest rated at tirerack.com and the choice of many GT owners switching to all-seasons. There are also lots of thoughts on wider widths, wider wheels, swapping summer/winter. I am in N Texas and deal with lows of 15-20 degrees and limited snow/ice.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
In order to get my 2022 MME Premiums AWD ER to be built I had to agree to switch it to summer tires vs. the all season tires it would have come with as I live in Wisconsin.
did Ford or your dealer ask you to switch the tires?

OP
OP
Gunrunner

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
did Ford or your dealer ask you to switch the tires?
My dealer asked me to switch as it would remove a hold on the order. Within a week of doing that my car was scheduled, in production, then built and shipped the next day. I also had to accept the Park Assist Kit as that was a hold as well.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is the first I'm sure anyone has heard of this. The only cars that come with summer tires at the GTs and they're Pirelli P Zeros. Premiums come with all seasons, I don't believe there has been any change to this...
No the Premium comes with Conntenial tires Premium contact 6 as summer tire option. I ordered them on ours

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
No the Premium comes with Conntenial tires Premium contact 6 as summer tire option. I ordered them on ours
Well, I'll be. I can't recall anyone ever saying they got summers on the Premium but it is right there in the order guide.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I'll be. I can't recall anyone ever saying they got summers on the Premium but it is right there in the order guide.
[/QUOTE

Continental tires Premium contact 6

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Continental tires Premium Contact 6

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I feel 225 tires are just too narrow. very easy to skid when doing tight turns. if I have to buy new tires, I would consider 245/50-19 instead. just need to make sure they fit the OEM wheel 7" width. unless you want a 2nd set for winter driving on snow.
Sponsored