recommendations for BLACK plastic maintenance ?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I've tried a number of products to keep the black plastic bits on my Select black.... but so far they either don't last very long, don't keep them black, OR collect dust like crazy especially if I happen to drive on one of our many local dirt roads in NM. we have residential streets that are dirt in Historic parts of Santa Fe, and I'd have to rinse and re-apply almost every day if I want to keep trim looking good.

Is there anything designed to keep the unpainted black plastic trim BLACK, which dries and doesn't collect road dust? same for tire-black products ?

....or, is my only alternative to paint or vinyl wrap the trim pieces with something that has a gloss finish?
Sponsored

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Adams polishes has a couple different treatments. Might be worth a look. I love most everything they make.

Screenshot_20210722-135952.png

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Ive used VRT in the past and it works well. Not sure how long it'll last before reapplying if you're constantly getting it dirty and washing it off.

I think ammo nyc either the skin sealant or the enamel protection can be put on plastic for a longer protection coating.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've tried a number of products to keep the black plastic bits on my Select black.... but so far they either don't last very long, don't keep them black, OR collect dust like crazy especially if I happen to drive on one of our many local dirt roads in NM. we have residential streets that are dirt in Historic parts of Santa Fe, and I'd have to rinse and re-apply almost every day if I want to keep trim looking good.

Is there anything designed to keep the unpainted black plastic trim BLACK, which dries and doesn't collect road dust? same for tire-black products ?

....or, is my only alternative to paint or vinyl wrap the trim pieces with something that has a gloss finish?
Mother's Back To Black
Sponsored