PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I will be travelling to Tampa to visit and stay with my daughter. No EV charger at her apartment complex, so wondering if any Tampa area folks have chargers that they recommend (or that should be avoided)? Will be staying in the vicinity of Bush Blvd and Dale Mabry, but looking for any suggestions! Thanks.
Sponsored

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I will be travelling to Tampa to visit and stay with my daughter. No EV charger at her apartment complex, so wondering if any Tampa area folks have chargers that they recommend (or that should be avoided)? Will be staying in the vicinity of Bush Blvd and Dale Mabry, but looking for any suggestions! Thanks.
There’s not a lot (almost none) of DCFC around Tampa. There is one Electrify America station on the north side near Wesley Chapel. That’ll probably be your best bet. It’s probably 15 minutes from your daughter’s. There a handful of EVGo’s at Dunkin’ Donuts around but I’ve never used them and I think they are single units at only 50kw.

You may have already seen that there aren’t any good DCFC’s in the middle of the state between your area and Tampa. The EA in Naples on I75 frequently has broken units. Charge to 100% before you leave home.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Tampamike is correct. There seems to be a pretty good EA setup at Walk The Highlands , Tampa.

there is decent charging on the the Florida turnpike at the Ft Drum service station.

I am driving from Boca raton to Tampa on Thanksgiving and plan to use those. My family lives in Lutz so the one at Walk the Highlands is relatively close. I will be using turnpike and rte 60 across the state.

considering you’re in Pam Beach area you won’t be going thru Naples but I will be coming back to Boca as I am going to visit a friend in Venice Fl. there are some EA station on the way home. The one in Naples doesn’t have the best track record so I would stop earlier maybe in Ellenton or Port Charlotte.

there are also some stations at the end of alligator alley on the east coast.

good luck, I will be curious on your experience.

Last edited:

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’ve had pretty good luck with the FPL chargers on the turnpike and elsewhere. You DO need the app but it works pretty well - once you have the app open, the charger usually sees it without having to do anything.

OP
OP
PMDGator

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I’ve had pretty good luck with the FPL chargers on the turnpike and elsewhere. You DO need the app but it works pretty well - once you have the app open, the charger usually sees it without having to do anything.
Thx, didn't even realize FPL has their own app. Will download.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There’s not a lot (almost none) of DCFC around Tampa. There is one Electrify America station on the north side near Wesley Chapel. That’ll probably be your best bet. It’s probably 15 minutes from your daughter’s. There a handful of EVGo’s at Dunkin’ Donuts around but I’ve never used them and I think they are single units at only 50kw.

You may have already seen that there aren’t any good DCFC’s in the middle of the state between your area and Tampa. The EA in Naples on I75 frequently has broken units. Charge to 100% before you leave home.
Looks like the EA chargers in Naples are all being replaced with newer units. Hopefully their performance is much better although having them down during a holiday week is not the best planning.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Looks like the EA chargers in Naples are all being replaced with newer units. Hopefully their performance is much better although having them down during a holiday week is not the best planning.
Good to know. Thanks. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving over here on the west coast.

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Bunch at the beach in St Pete if you come this way, all seem to work/
Sponsored