Recommended Dealer in Austin, TX for Servicing MME?

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
Hello! I live in Austin, TX and recently bought a used 2021 CR1 MME. It needs a few updates, and I had a poor experience at a local dealer. They told me I was "speaking greek" when I just asked about fixing my wireless charging for iPhone 12/13. I also know that I have a stuck 1.7.1 power up. I'm taking it to Leif Johnson next (had terrible experience at Maxwell). Asking here if anyone recommends a particular dealership in the area that actually knows how to fix technical issues that arise.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I only used Maxwell for my charge faults and 21P22 updates and it was quite smooth. 24 hours turn around and they did software updates for both.

OP
OP

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
How did you present the issue to them? They seemed reluctant to even look at my car.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Leif Johnson did the 3 recalls on my car and while they made a minor mistake putting everything back together by disconnecting the rear washer hose they were super quick on fixing it when I called them about it 2 weeks later. It was a honest mistake were the hose got disconnected by mistake. It was frustraiting but they were super nice about it and plus they replaced my windshield under the recall even though it was destroyed due to a rock chip.
Over all they were great. The service center is just a little odd to get into and parking is pretty tight.

The other one I have used was Mac Haik Ford and they were really great but they are super back logged in getting one in hence why went to leif Johnson.

I would completely avoid Covet Ford. F them and their entire network of dealerships.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took my gen1 mme also stuck on 171 to mac haik ford in Georgetown. They did a great job. I had already had the two glass recalls done where I purchased the car.

OP
OP

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
I took my gen1 mme also stuck on 171 to mac haik ford in Georgetown. They did a great job. I had already had the two glass recalls done where I purchased the car.
Great to hear from other folks in the Austin area! I still haven't been able to get my APIM to update. I think I may need a new APIM all together. How long did you have to leave it with them for them to be able to get it fixed? Since I live in Austin, that would be a bit of a trek for me to Georgetown to have to leave my car for several days. Willing to do it though if they know what they're talking about!
Sponsored