- First Name
- Mar 5, 2021
- Reaction score
- Chaumont, NY
- Mach-E ER AWD
Starting to prep her car (Rapid Red AWD ER Premium) for black rally stripes. She was concerned about having her black pony emblems not showing well within the black striping. (Though she does realize that all black MME’s have black ponies on black backgrounds.) So I had a little red vinyl left from doing my stripes. I have today off work and not much else to do... so another experiment in my DIY detail and vinyl shop.
I tried the back first but that price of vinyl was a little beat up and maybe I didn’t stretch it enough and maybe I didn’t clean it as well and the emblem is smaller requiring finer scalpel skills.... so that didn’t work. I almost quit there. But why not try and do better.
I think the front turned out pretty well. Going to leave the front pony red and the back pony black for a few days until I get the striping done and then let her pick which way she wants them. Hopefully by this time next week I’ll be able to report another completed project.