Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red Pony Emblem: DIY Vinyl FAIL 758B9BFA-3A63-47E6-A976-EC20DD6E114F

Starting to prep her car (Rapid Red AWD ER Premium) for black rally stripes. She was concerned about having her black pony emblems not showing well within the black striping. (Though she does realize that all black MME’s have black ponies on black backgrounds.) So I had a little red vinyl left from doing my stripes. I have today off work and not much else to do... so another experiment in my DIY detail and vinyl shop.

I tried the back first but that price of vinyl was a little beat up and maybe I didn’t stretch it enough and maybe I didn’t clean it as well and the emblem is smaller requiring finer scalpel skills.... so that didn’t work. I almost quit there. But why not try and do better.

I think the front turned out pretty well. Going to leave the front pony red and the back pony black for a few days until I get the striping done and then let her pick which way she wants them. Hopefully by this time next week I’ll be able to report another completed project.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ok so where do we signup for your vinyl services?!

Good job!
You can’t afford my services as I take payment in … um …. Spousal relations. ?
It’s just a matter of trial and error, a few YouTube videos, and having the kids out of the house so I can have some time to spend in my garage.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
It’s just a matter of trial and error, a few YouTube videos, and having the kids out of the house so I can have some time to spend in my garage.

AH AH AH!!! You're kinda like me then! My wife keeps bragging about the work I do around the house to her friends, but they ask if I can go to their place to help out, she says no with kinda of the same remark!!!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
AH AH AH!!! You're kinda like me then! My wife keeps bragging about the work I do around the house to her friends, but they ask if I can go to their place to help out, she says no with kinda of the same remark!!!
I mean, Senators tickets are a good enticement, but y’all are smart enough to keep your Southern Border closed. So I’ll just keep standing on the River shore and gazing longingly North.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I mean, Senators tickets are a good enticement, but y’all are smart enough to keep your Southern Border closed. So I’ll just keep standing on the River shore and gazing longingly North.

Well next year's Sens tickets would be better than this year's.... the team will gain in experience and be even more fun to watch.... but we are digressing here!!!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do you require it to be *your* spouse? :rolleyes:
I’m pretty open on it, but she has final say. So… yeah, pretty much “my spouse.”

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This is a failed experiment. Detailing her car today in prep for stripes tomorrow and the hoof area just doesn’t have enough space for the vinyl to maintain adhesion. So the vinyl will be removed and we’ll check black pony on black stripe. If she wants red, I’ll be painting them afterward.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red Pony Emblem: DIY Vinyl FAIL AE2D0343-A3BF-4E10-A079-F839B763F7B3

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
A matter of time and having the kids out of the house? Souondslike you’re trying to put more kids INTO the house. ?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
A matter of time and having the kids out of the house? Souondslike you’re trying to put more kids INTO the house. ?
There’s a non-invasive surgery to put an end to THAT nonsense.
Sponsored