Red Premium Mach-E on sale at eBay

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
There’s a dealer in Kansas that has a GB FE and a white Premium on eBay as well. Looks like both were customer cancellations and were delivered to the dealer yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...687044?hash=item3ff34a85c4:g:l7IAAOSwHsxgFClM
It’s pretty early on, but it seems as though there’s a high percentage of cars arriving early that are customer cancellations.

what happens when impatience for those waiting for their ordered cars turns into disinterest? More cancellations?
Sponsored

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
The price actually seems somewhat fair. It's only like a $1000 markup (after accounting for the $1100 delivery fee). Still, any markup is annoying and I'd never buy it.
You would have to pay the $1,100 delivery fee no matter what, so I don't see that as a mark up. Price is as it would be if you ordered it except it got delivered to Kentucky.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
You would have to pay the $1,100 delivery fee no matter what, so I don't see that as a mark up. Price is as it would be if you ordered it except it got delivered to Kentucky.
Yes, you're right. Looks like about exactly MSRP. I forgot to account for the $400 for rapid red, and $240 for the floor mats.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
unfortunately there will be situations like this. For example - A subset of MachDrops have two reservations and one of them will be not purchased and will be free to sell by the dealer. Ford should have had a better system to allocate and that I would agree they were not prepared for or not worried about as it is small number of cars
Somehow my dealer has two MMEs in the system tagged to my name. I kind of "caught them" when my Ford.com account had the wrong color. I told them I don't care what you're doing, but I want the correct color/production date showing up correctly in my Ford.com account. Once they corrected it from my end I just stayed out of it!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Interesting, how could it be that a dealer got ownership of a demo model? If demo means FCTP, don’t they have to hold onto those for a certain amount of time before selling?
Yes demo =FCTP
Yes they can’t sell it right away
Yes putting a car you can’t sell on eBay is a sleazy thing to do

Reactions: ARK