Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Hage Automotive has partnered with this new network in the state of Michigan. Unknown on how fast the DCFC CCS chargers are. Unknown future locations.
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Well, something is better than nothing. We all known 50kW is slow for 2021 and moving forward. The UP of Michigan is in desperate need of DCFC CCS chargers. Heck, Tesla doesn't even have one Supercharger in the UP.
Agreed. I'll take a 50 kW in the UP any day. If these guys come to the UP this year they'll be my new heroes. Marquette and Houghton, preferably. One wouldn't go amiss in Sault Ste Marie either.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Well, something is better than nothing. We all known 50kW is slow for 2021 and moving forward. The UP of Michigan is in desperate need of DCFC CCS chargers. Heck, Tesla doesn't even have one Supercharger in the UP.
that's Fake News because there as some people on here will insist, there are Superchargers EVERYWHERE and absolutely no empty spaces or empty states (hi Bill) or anything - the network is perfect and has absolutely no issues.

Meanwhile no other chargers exist and if they did they don't work ever.

and those people can't possibly be wrong when they are so vocal about it, right?

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Red E Charge.com now has a map of the specific locations in the UP and Michigan. How long before any of these open is unknown.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that's Fake News because there as some people on here will insist, there are Superchargers EVERYWHERE and absolutely no empty spaces or empty states (hi Bill) or anything - the network is perfect and has absolutely no issues.

Meanwhile no other chargers exist and if they did they don't work ever.

and those people can't possibly be wrong when they are so vocal about it, right?
Tesla has installed superchargers at two up locations.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla has installed superchargers at two up locations.
Marquette is on line. Esky is soon to be on line and the chargers at the Soo Locks are to come on line later this summer.

sainttail

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
FYI 403 Cedar St, Grayling, MI 49738
Brand new RED E Charging DC Fast Chargers. 3x 50kW CCS & CHAdeMO connections. Chargers will be operational on August 13th

Oct 8. I can verify these chargers are working. (One has an error message but the other 2 look like they are working) I did a quick 15 minute charge just to see if they are working. Never saw how much they charge. I just put in my credit card and see a $15 hold was placed on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

specialgreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BoltEV
Country flag
33 miles south of the EA chargers in Gaylord. Need something in Mackinaw City.
EGLE has approved a grant for Mackinaw City, but I don' t have details.

Regarding RedECharge, I notice that none of their pins in the UP are shown as "Under Review" on the EGLE grant map (except for Sault St Marie, which has been reviewed and approved). I wonder if they are going to make the deadline for EGLE's August funding round, or if they are still negotiating snow removal ($$$) with U.P. property owners. Or maybe Michigan EGLE is just really slow about updating its map.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EGLE has approved a grant for Mackinaw City, but I don' t have details.

Regarding RedECharge, I notice that none of their pins in the UP are shown as "Under Review" on the EGLE grant map (except for Sault St Marie, which has been reviewed and approved). I wonder if they are going to make the deadline for EGLE's August funding round, or if they are still negotiating snow removal ($$$) with U.P. property owners. Or maybe Michigan EGLE is just really slow about updating its map.
No update from Hage Automotive facebook site. The recent Tesla news that they will open their SuperChargers to "other" automobiles needs to be monitored. No real details yet. Not known if the "opened" Superchargers will operate at 120+kW rates for other autos. These 50kW ReCharge charges are better than nothing but going to "old" if anyone has access to the Supercharger network at 120+kW rates.

specialgreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BoltEV
Country flag
The recent Tesla news that they will open their SuperChargers to "other" automobiles needs to be monitored.
Agreed. I would not build near a supercharger right now. But Tesla has nothing existing or planned north of I-29 or in the UP, except Marquette, Escanaba and Soo. The only threat I could see is if the $7.5bn infrastructure spending were opened to bidding, and Tesla decided to triple their network. Note that EA has only spent $1.3bn so far, so $7.5bn is..." well, more chargers than YOU can imagine!" (star wars quote)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Agreed. I would not build near a supercharger right now. But Tesla has nothing existing or planned north of I-29 or in the UP, except Marquette, Escanaba and Soo. The only threat I could see is if the $7.5bn infrastructure spending were opened to bidding, and Tesla decided to triple their network. Note that EA has only spent $1.3bn so far, so $7.5bn is..." well, more chargers than YOU can imagine!" (star wars quote)
"I can imagine quite a bit!"

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"I can imagine quite a bit!"
What we sometimes forget and using Michigan's rollout of EV chargers, the politicians may not know the difference between a 50kW or 150kW charger. A charger is a charger in their mind. Spending a ton of money on EV chargers that are not adequate for the future is another waste of money.
Sponsored