Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FORD MUSTANG MACH-E CUSTOMERS TO RECEIVE UP TO FIVE COMPLIMENTARY ‘FILL-UPS’ AT ELECTRIFY AMERICA CHARGING STATIONS

Ford Mustang Mach-E Release: Mach-E customers to receive up to five complimentary 'fill-ups' at Electrify America charging stations Mustang-Mach-E-and-Electrify-America

Jun 15, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.

• Ford Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. will receive 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging through FordPass Rewards – the equivalent of approximately three to five full DC fast charges – with Electrify America after purchasing their vehicle
  • Amazon Home Services will begin installing Ford Connected Charge Stations and 240-volt outlets for Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. later this year
  • Ford Connected Charge Station wallbox will start at $799, for purchase through a customer’s Ford dealer, online with the purchase of the Mach-E or on FordParts.com
DEARBORN, Mich., June 15, 2020 – Ford Mustang Mach-E owners will receive 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging through FordPass Rewards at Electrify America fast-charging stations1 to kick-start their electric vehicle experience with Ford.

For Mustang Mach-E owners with the extended-range battery, the 250 kilowatt-hours of fast- charging energy is equal to more than three fill-ups. For standard-range battery models, the 250 kilowatt-hours of fast charging energy is equal to more than five fill-ups2.

This is in addition to the two years of complimentary access Mustang Mach-E customers automatically receive to the recently expanded FordPass Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-go charging3. The FordPass Charging Network is North America’s largest public charging network with more than 13,500 charging stations and almost 40,000 individual plugs.

Electrify America’s network, part of the FordPass Charging Network, offers the largest number of high-powered public charging stations on the market today.

“One of the main opportunities we have is educating our potential customers about road trip readiness,” said Matt Stover, Ford director of charging, energy services and business development. “The 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging we’re offering through FordPass Rewards and the FordPass Charging Network with Electrify America will give our Mustang Mach-E customers confidence in their ability to plan trips, no matter their destination.”

Using Electrify America’s DC fast chargers, rear-wheel-drive-equipped Mustang Mach-E with an extended-range battery can add an estimated 61 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes. Both all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive configurations are estimated to be able to achieve a 10 percent to 80 percent charge in approximately 45 minutes4.

“Exciting new electric vehicles like the Mustang Mach-E will help drive new customers to choose to drive electric,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “We’re proud to have Ford electric vehicles take advantage of Electrify America’s growing nationwide DC fast- charger network to help range anxiety soon be a thing of the past.”

Home charging made easy

With the majority of vehicle charging occurring at home, Ford’s Connected Charge Station home wallbox is now available, with prices starting at $799 MSRP, excluding taxes. To buy it, customers can call or visit an electric vehicle-certified Ford dealership to order the home wallbox and have it delivered before their vehicle arrives. Customers also can order the wallbox on FordParts.com and have it delivered ahead of their vehicle – or they can order and finance the home wallbox with a Mustang Mach-E purchase later this year for delivery with the vehicle.

Ford also has teamed up with Amazon Home Services to offer installation of home charging setups later this year. Whether Ford customers need a 240-volt outlet installed for use with the standard Ford Mobile Charger or choose the Ford Connected Charge Station option, they will be able to see upfront pricing estimates and book and schedule a licensed and vetted electrician online.

Ford has made electric vehicle home charging as easy as charging a phone. The available 48-amp Ford Connected Charge Station will be able to easily charge a rear-wheel-drive-equipped Mustang Mach-E with extended-range battery overnight4. Every all-electric Mach-E will come standard with a Ford Mobile Charger, which is capable of charging on a higher-voltage 240-volt electrical outlet.

Reserve the Mustang Mach-E here.

1 To qualify for complimentary charging offer, modem must be activated within 60 days of purchase through the FordPass app on a smartphone. Complimentary charging expires two years from date of activation. Offer excludes idle fees and parking violations associated with charging upon purchase of the vehicle.

2 Fast charging fill-up is defined as a charge event from 10 percent to 80 percent state of charge. Charge time based on manufacturer tests. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge.

3 Based on original equipment manufacturers/automotive manufacturers that sell all-electric vehicles and have publicly announced charging networks. Department of Energy data used. FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.

4 Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and EPA-estimated range calculation methodology. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge. Actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I surely hope that Petro Canada, Le Circuit Électrique and Flo network will be available true Ford Pass and that we will get this complimentary offer on Electriofy Canada.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging is better than nothing but certainly not the two years of free charging Nissan provided with our Leaf. This answers part of the question of what two years of complimentary FordPass charging gets you, or at least what it doesn't get you.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Does the Ford Connected Charger offer any benefits other than faster charge rates?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is not a bad way to start off!

Hey @dbsb3233, can I have your 250kWh please?

@ChasingCoral, it can be argued that Nissan can afford to offer free charging for the Leaf because they know next to no one would ever take it on a road trip.

With our payment info loaded into the FordPass and this free 250kWh already loaded into our accounts, I wonder if there will be other deals available to MME owners thru EA or other providers?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

@ChasingCoral, it can be argued that Nissan can afford to offer free charging for the Leaf because they know next to no one would ever take it on a road trip.

With our payment info loaded into the FordPass and this free 250kWh already loaded into our accounts, I wonder if there will be other deals available to MME owners thru EA or other providers?
I'm still guessing that the FordPass membership will provide something like the members of EA get now -- discounted pricing when compared to non-members. I hope it also provides plug and charge so we don't have to use the various apps.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

LOL. That would be cool if we could auction it off on Ebay or something! :cool:

It is smart for Ford to throw in a little free because it ensures nearly all buyers will register for their network, attempting to get them hooked on it (then keep paying for it after the promo period). Same concept as SiriusXM radio giving the first 3 months free with a new car.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Here we are.........reliable info is coming out slowly. Prices for the Level 2 home chargers and EA network freebies. Nothing yet about Ford's Fastor Charger network and the 2 year complimentary service at no charge.
More to follow I guess.??!! From now on we will be digesting all kinds of info related to the Mach E. I only hope that all this releases are hard official Ford specs and data to use and go by. My Level 2 Home Charging port is ready. I'm wishing everyone.....good luck.!!!

Deleted member 367

FORD MUSTANG MACH-E CUSTOMERS TO RECEIVE UP TO FIVE COMPLIMENTARY ‘FILL-UPS’ AT ELECTRIFY AMERICA CHARGING STATIONS

Ford Mustang Mach-E Release: Mach-E customers to receive up to five complimentary 'fill-ups' at Electrify America charging stations Mustang-Mach-E-and-Electrify-America

Jun 15, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.

• Ford Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. will receive 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging through FordPass Rewards – the equivalent of approximately three to five full DC fast charges – with Electrify America after purchasing their vehicle
  • Amazon Home Services will begin installing Ford Connected Charge Stations and 240-volt outlets for Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. later this year
  • Ford Connected Charge Station wallbox will start at $799, for purchase through a customer’s Ford dealer, online with the purchase of the Mach-E or on FordParts.com
DEARBORN, Mich., June 15, 2020 – Ford Mustang Mach-E owners will receive 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging through FordPass Rewards at Electrify America fast-charging stations1 to kick-start their electric vehicle experience with Ford.

For Mustang Mach-E owners with the extended-range battery, the 250 kilowatt-hours of fast- charging energy is equal to more than three fill-ups. For standard-range battery models, the 250 kilowatt-hours of fast charging energy is equal to more than five fill-ups2.

This is in addition to the two years of complimentary access Mustang Mach-E customers automatically receive to the recently expanded FordPass Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-go charging3. The FordPass Charging Network is North America’s largest public charging network with more than 13,500 charging stations and almost 40,000 individual plugs.

Electrify America’s network, part of the FordPass Charging Network, offers the largest number of high-powered public charging stations on the market today.

“One of the main opportunities we have is educating our potential customers about road trip readiness,” said Matt Stover, Ford director of charging, energy services and business development. “The 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging we’re offering through FordPass Rewards and the FordPass Charging Network with Electrify America will give our Mustang Mach-E customers confidence in their ability to plan trips, no matter their destination.”

Using Electrify America’s DC fast chargers, rear-wheel-drive-equipped Mustang Mach-E with an extended-range battery can add an estimated 61 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes. Both all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive configurations are estimated to be able to achieve a 10 percent to 80 percent charge in approximately 45 minutes4.

“Exciting new electric vehicles like the Mustang Mach-E will help drive new customers to choose to drive electric,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “We’re proud to have Ford electric vehicles take advantage of Electrify America’s growing nationwide DC fast- charger network to help range anxiety soon be a thing of the past.”

Home charging made easy

With the majority of vehicle charging occurring at home, Ford’s Connected Charge Station home wallbox is now available, with prices starting at $799 MSRP, excluding taxes. To buy it, customers can call or visit an electric vehicle-certified Ford dealership to order the home wallbox and have it delivered before their vehicle arrives. Customers also can order the wallbox on FordParts.com and have it delivered ahead of their vehicle – or they can order and finance the home wallbox with a Mustang Mach-E purchase later this year for delivery with the vehicle.

Ford also has teamed up with Amazon Home Services to offer installation of home charging setups later this year. Whether Ford customers need a 240-volt outlet installed for use with the standard Ford Mobile Charger or choose the Ford Connected Charge Station option, they will be able to see upfront pricing estimates and book and schedule a licensed and vetted electrician online.

Ford has made electric vehicle home charging as easy as charging a phone. The available 48-amp Ford Connected Charge Station will be able to easily charge a rear-wheel-drive-equipped Mustang Mach-E with extended-range battery overnight4. Every all-electric Mach-E will come standard with a Ford Mobile Charger, which is capable of charging on a higher-voltage 240-volt electrical outlet.

Reserve the Mustang Mach-E here.

1 To qualify for complimentary charging offer, modem must be activated within 60 days of purchase through the FordPass app on a smartphone. Complimentary charging expires two years from date of activation. Offer excludes idle fees and parking violations associated with charging upon purchase of the vehicle.

2 Fast charging fill-up is defined as a charge event from 10 percent to 80 percent state of charge. Charge time based on manufacturer tests. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge.

3 Based on original equipment manufacturers/automotive manufacturers that sell all-electric vehicles and have publicly announced charging networks. Department of Energy data used. FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.

4 Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and EPA-estimated range calculation methodology. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge. Actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
Every day. Here we go again, another Ford PR sales effort, non-specific and "inferred" as always. Offering 250kWh of free charging - yay! Never mind that is worth less than $35, and still no stated price for ongoing charging on the road. I wonder why? And the garage wall charger Ford is now offering? - not worth a comment. Red flags, red flags.

Sorry to be negative, but this is not my first Ford - or even my first BEV - rodeo! I believe the car will be quite good, just keep you wallet handy.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Its not clear to me if ISO 15118 (Plug & Charge) is separate from or exclusive to FordPass. We know the MME will be Plug & Charge ready from Day 1.

My question is, after two years on FordPass, can I just have my own separate EA, EVgo, Chargepoint accounts and they'll all be ISO 15118 enabled?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here we are.........reliable info is coming out slowly. Prices for the Level 2 home chargers and EA network freebies. Nothing yet about Ford's Fastor Charger network and the 2 year complimentary service at no charge.
More to follow I guess.??!! From now on we will be digesting all kinds of info related to the Mach E. I only hope that all this releases are hard official Ford specs and data to use and go by. My Level 2 Home Charging port is ready. I'm wishing everyone.....good luck.!!!
"Fastor Charge" was covered in another thread and it was guessed it wasn't a charging network but something else entirely.

"Accumulating energy" or FaSTORe Charge.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Offering 250kWh of free charging - yay! Never mind that is worth less than $35
It's more than that when charging at EA. Can be up to $0.99 per kWh. Roughly a $175-$250 value (depending whether they offer the member rate or regular).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Its not clear to me if ISO 15118 (Plug & Charge) is separate from or exclusive to FordPass. We know the MME will be Plug & Charge ready from Day 1.

My question is, after two years on FordPass, can I just have my own separate EA, EVgo, Chargepoint accounts and they'll all be ISO 15118 enabled?
That will probably depend on EA, EVgo, and Chargepoint.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nothing yet about Ford's Fastor Charger network and the 2 year complimentary service at no charge.
That was in the announcement: "This is in addition to the two years of complimentary access Mustang Mach-E customers automatically receive to the recently expanded FordPass Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-go charging3."

Ford has never said they were offering two years of complimentary charging, only two years of complimentary access to the FordPass Charging Network.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Every day. Here we go again, another Ford PR sales effort, non-specific and "inferred" as always. Offering 250kWh of free charging - yay! Never mind that is worth less than $35, and still no stated price for ongoing charging on the road. I wonder why? And the garage wall charger Ford is now offering? - not worth a comment. Red flags, red flags.

Sorry to be negative, but this is not my first Ford - or even my first BEV - rodeo! I believe the car will be quite good, just keep you wallet handy.
Where do you get this magical $35 from for 250kWh of DC fast charging energy?

At $0.28 per kWh, it would be $70.
Sponsored