Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The following happens consistently - every time, regardless of whether or not the car is plugged into the charger.
About 5 minutes before I leave in the morning, I remorse start my car via the app. I’m usually connected to the car via Bluetooth (window controls available) but not always. Anyway, after I press and hold the start button, it will spin for a few seconds, then turn red with the error message “failed to start”. When I hit the button again, the car remote starts normally.
Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I've experienced the same thing in my house. If you notice, the Bluetooth will disconnect when it says "failed"

My suspicion is you, like me, are on the edge of Bluetooth range and FP thinks you're connected to Bluetooth and it tries to send the start command using that. But it discovers that you are not, in fact, connected and fails. When you try again it does it via cell connection.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I've experienced the same thing in my house. If you notice, the Bluetooth will disconnect when it says "failed"

My suspicion is you, like me, are on the edge of Bluetooth range and FP thinks you're connected to Bluetooth and it tries to send the start command using that. But it discovers that you are not, in fact, connected and fails. When you try again it does it via cell connection.
Nope. Bluetooth doesn’t disconnect. I’m pretty sure that standing within 2 feet of the nose of the vehicle is within Bluetooth range.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nope. Bluetooth doesn’t disconnect. I’m pretty sure that standing within 2 feet of the nose of the vehicle is within Bluetooth range.
Try turning off Bluetooth on your phone and see if it behaves the same way. That should tell you if the issue is related to Bluetooth or not.
Sponsored