Remote Start always reverts to guest profile?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Now that it is COLD, I’m finally using remote start. And I’ve gotta say, the climate control stuff works pretty terrific on auto mode! Like, @Ford Motor Company actually did a good job thinking this through! Simple, intuitive, nice and warm when I arrive.

Except any use of remote start automatically loads a guest profile. Which means the first thing I’ve gotta do is switch back to my profile when I get in. Why?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Now that it is COLD, I’m finally using remote start. And I’ve gotta say, the climate control stuff works pretty terrific on auto mode! Like, @Ford Motor Company actually did a good job thinking this through! Simple, intuitive, nice and warm when I arrive.

Except any use of remote start automatically loads a guest profile. Which means the first thing I’ve gotta do is switch back to my profile when I get in. Why?
Maybe try deleting and re-adding your profile so that it properly links to your PaaK?

I think the main gripe with the remote start and Ford Pass, is that you can't set what you want to happen. You can only do auto or last used, I think. And Tesla and others let you actually turn on the heated seats or set it to 72 degrees, etc. It works great for my use case, but it would be nice for just some more control.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Yeah mine does that most times too, not sure why. Departure time starts don't do it. I need to do some tests to see if it does it when I start the car within PAAK range. I feel like it doesn’t do it then, only when I’m further away.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
I have this same issue too. It’s annoying!

RedRider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have this problem, but I have no option to choose a new profile. I'm stuck with the Guest. I have experimented and found that if you carry a fob connected to your profile, you don't get the guest. That only happens with PAAK. And, yes, it would be nice to have better control over the HVAC settings.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag

It gives you guest mode because you are not in the car to let it know who's driving, so it reverts to guest.

You can just press one of the seat buttons to bring it back to your profile.

/Yes, I know, you used your phone to remote start it, it should know it's your profile. surprise, surprise...

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
/Yes, I know, you used your phone to remote start it, it should know it's your profile. surprise, surprise...
I used my phone to remote start it, it should know it’s my profile.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I used my phone to remote start it, it should know it’s my profile.
I agree. It seems FP should be programmed to say if phone A is used to remote start, use phone A's profile.

However, using a profile might open up security issues in that the person who gets in the car and fully starts it would have access to all addresses, etc.

Maybe the car should do remote start as guest as it does now but then do a PaaK/fob check when it is "fully" started. That would slow the transition to driving, though.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This was happening to me a lot until I had the dealer update all my software modules. Haven't had it since.
Sponsored