Remote start = multiple faults

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Me and the car were getting along so nicely for the last couple months. My daily new bugs seemed to have gone down. But yesterday and today I’m starting to have REAL issues.

The only common “what did I do differently” is that yesterday and today I used remote start. Then I got in the car, hit the start button, and faults appear.

Yesterday-
Blind spot system fault
Cross traffic system fault
Reverse brake assist not available
Ford Mustang Mach-E Remote start = multiple faults 8E077CB2-B243-4969-8976-C48268CC1116

Today- remote start and-
Driver selectable system fault Service required.
Suspension fault speed limited to 80 mph
Ford Mustang Mach-E Remote start = multiple faults CFB49559-C64A-4EAF-8192-D3DD573ABC2C

Ford Mustang Mach-E Remote start = multiple faults C353A49D-CD28-44DE-B26A-5A8D9BB41823

And both times the faults were legit. With the suspension fault the car rode horribly. Every bump = 3-4 bounces afterwards.

And both days? Everything back to normal when I restarted.

Oh, and today I also got the power up 2.8.2 OTA.

Anyone else had this happen? I think it may be time for a trip to the dealer unfortunately…..

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
A few months ago I remote started and had a service vehicle soon and power train malfunction/reduced power fault. I drove home and parked the car. The next day they were gone. I didn’t remote start again until last week. It’s too hot now and I love that I can start it about 5 minutes before leaving somewhere. I haven’t had an issue since the first. Now that I say this though I’m sure that will change!

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I used remote start this weekend to help cool the car after sitting in the sun all afternoon. Evrything worked fine except I had to reconnect my phone and when I hit 'Home" in navigation, my nav screen said "Navigation is not currently available"
Shut the car down, opened the door, waited a minute then shut the door and restarted and all was back to normal.
Tony

DogNPony

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Victory Cross Country
Occupation
IT System Engineer
Country flag
A few months ago I remote started and had a service vehicle soon and power train malfunction/reduced power fault. I drove home and parked the car. The next day they were gone. I didn’t remote start again until last week. It’s too hot now and I love that I can start it about 5 minutes before leaving somewhere. I haven’t had an issue since the first. Now that I say this though I’m sure that will change!
Same...did a remote start once since taking ownership in January. Got the same series of faults. Never did it again after that. Not sure if having it plugged in but not charging helped contribute but left it alone after the first and only occurrence.

Now I'll just start it, just sit there for 2-3 minutes to let everything sync up, cooling fans turn off and CarPlay connected. Then I'm off. Totally afraid of awakening the Stop Safely Now Kraken 😟
Sponsored