JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I did that with Turo before I picked up the Bolt. I had heard about the "bad" seats in a Bolt and so wanted to try it out prior to purchase/leasing one. (The Bolt was our 3rd plugin and 2nd BEV, our Mach-E is my 4th.)

We usually rent a car on vacation and since we had one coming up in San Francisco I figured what better place. So I Turo'ed a Blue Bolt for the trip.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Renting a MME (before you buy one) DSC_0204

It was interesting because we also stayed at an AirBnB that did NOT have a charger so I would also be relying on public charging for that week.

All went well and I ended up getting a Bolt.

As far as the Turo experience went: It was all pretty smooth. You do have to take a ton of pictures of the vehicle when you pick it up and return it. That is all directed by the app so it isn't that difficult.

Turo is basically just AirBnB for cars: People can list their personal car for rent so that it can make some money when they aren't using it. Don't be surprised to find settings and/or personal affects of the owner in the vehicle (although some people purchase vehicles strictly to list on Turo).

Reactions: fxo

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I own a PHEV, but never a full BEV, and I would like to rent a Mach-E in the next few quarters before I buy one, to see how I like it.

Where can you do this?

I found this Turo site, on a Google search, but maybe you folks have some other options...

One rental option out of San Diego>
https://turo.com/us/en/suv-rental/united-states/san-diego-ca/ford/mustang-mach-e
There are going to be far and few available to rent if any. Most dealers have demos and often let prospective buyers give them a long drive.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I own a PHEV, but never a full BEV, and I would like to rent a Mach-E in the next few quarters before I buy one, to see how I like it.

Where can you do this?

I found this Turo site, on a Google search, but maybe you folks have some other options...

One rental option out of San Diego>
https://turo.com/us/en/suv-rental/united-states/san-diego-ca/ford/mustang-mach-e
That Turo link didn't work for me.....but if it is a red CR1 then pass on it. I came across one at an EA in SD area and the driver was having a heck of a time trying to charge it. There was quite a bit of damage to the front bumper. Louvers missing etc.

If a different car then give it a try.

20210905_100819.jpg

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
In LA one renter company has 3 GTs on Turo.
Sponsored