Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2020 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Experiential Designer
Country flag
Or . . . check your local DMV. Here in Nebraska as I registered my GT I discovered that for a small yearly fee ($50) you can pay to not have a front plate at all. The DMV will in turn provide you with a clear watermark decal to place inside the bottom corner of your windshield to signify that youā€™re exempt. Some people pay for vanity plates while I pay to not have a front plate!
Sponsored

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
OK. I got mine today for Licenseplatewrap.com and I got the DMV paperwork the same day saying it is all legit. I gotta say.....don't follow their instructions. A dry install would be a disaster. I did a normal wet install with dish soap and water. Eventually had to use a hair dryer (I don't have a heat gun), but it looks to be flawless with a lot of work heating and stretching. The slight curve on the bumper needs heat to really get it right. I wasn't gonna go though all this and have a flaw....hahaha. Oh, and no need to measure.....the GT bumper is measurement enough, there is no extra room, just butt it up to the back and start. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I just really want to let it sit and then go over it with some heat again. It's so close. but really barely fits the GT.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
$196 fine doesnā€™t sounds like fix it ticket.
https://www.kron4.com/news/is-a-front-license-plate-required-in-california/
Itā€™s time to install license plate bracket. I thought to order vinyl stickers but price and honestly how itā€™s looks in real life changed my mind. Whatā€™s the point of this stickers? With license plate numbers installed, the front view becomes ruined anyway.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
$196 fine doesnā€™t sounds like fix it ticket.
https://www.kron4.com/news/is-a-front-license-plate-required-in-california/
Itā€™s time to install license plate bracket. I thought to order vinyl stickers but price and honestly how itā€™s looks in real life changed my mind. Whatā€™s the point of this stickers? With license plate numbers installed, the front view becomes ruined anyway.
The decal accomplishes two things: Retains the designed-in contour of the front of the car, and doesnā€™t make holes in the front bumper. Well, the third is it makes it so that you donā€™t have to pay the fine. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Edited to hide plate number.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Replaced Front License Plate with a Vinyl Sticker 20221126_070924
Lynsey has some A/C running there! šŸ¤£šŸ©

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The decal accomplishes two things: Retains the designed-in contour of the front of the car, and doesnā€™t make holes in the front bumper. Well, the third is it makes it so that you donā€™t have to pay the fine. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

The drilling holes was my main concern. Instead Iā€™ll use 3m double side tape, fingers crossed šŸ¤ž this will work.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

I've got the licenseplatewrap.com on order just as soon as I get my personalized plates. I have one on our Tesla and think it looks great.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've got the licenseplatewrap.com on order just as soon as I get my personalized plates. I have one on our Tesla and think it looks great.
I like it too :) My Select came with a plate/bracket on it. It was fine, but when I got this one they left it off. I do think it maintains the shape of the car more, it looks sportier without the bracket, but it also depends what color your car is.

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
Any New York state users who went for a decal plate and didn't get in trouble sooner or later, or at least pulled over for it?

I know that at least one of the decal plate sites say that technically it is legal, because the requirement is only to display the plate number... but putting myself in the place of a cop wanting to pull someone over, this screams me, me, me.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any New York state users who went for a decal plate and didn't get in trouble sooner or later, or at least pulled over for it?

I know that at least one of the decal plate sites say that technically it is legal, because the requirement is only to display the plate number... but putting myself in the place of a cop wanting to pull someone over, this screams me, me, me.
I don't know about other states, but the one from licenseplatewrap.com goes through the California DMV and you get a letter from the DMV stating that you are in the program. So a cop telling you it isn't legal won't go anywhere. Not sure about the other states though.

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
I don't know about other states, but the one from licenseplatewrap.com goes through the California DMV and you get a letter from the DMV stating that you are in the program. So a cop telling you it isn't legal won't go anywhere. Not sure about the other states though.
I read that California actually passed something making them legal.
So, I'm curious about NY, where there hasn't been such a thing passed (to my knowledge).
Sponsored