Replaced Front License Plate with a Vinyl Sticker

OP
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
It's been a week and about 500 miles with no issues. This was mostly highway driving in mild weather, some wet, but no crazy storms. I rinsed off some pollen in coin-op pressure washer, and I wasn't overly careful around the vinyl, but I also didn't try to attack it. I tried to treat it like any other normal part of the car. After the wash, I carefully checked the edges for wear or chipping. Looks good still.

I was originally hesitant to post the site I bought it from, because this was my first venture into vinyl and I don't have prior experience to comment on qualty. I also assume these types of things are prone to user installation error. So far I'm very happy with it. The reflectivity is consistent with a normal plate, and it has held up well to normal wear. Here's the site I bought it from: https://customlicenseplates.us/

Advertisement

woody

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
They may not be illegal. In many states though they’re not a valid front license plate. Out here for example, you could be cited for not having a front license plate if you had these on instead. They would not, however, cite you for having these “plates” on. Clear as mud?

with that said .... I’ll still be getting these. :)
GREAT. Likewise here.
Mine are is on its way (somewhere in USPS). Purchased from Canadian company.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Energi, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I want one of these for mine when I get the car. Unfortunately, the cops in my town have nothing better to do than harass motorists. I've been cited for insufficient ground clearance, lights too bright, excessive exhaust noise, etc. I'm guilty of all except for exhaust noise (side-draught carburetors on short intake runners are LOUD - custom-build air box solved that). I'm sure that they'd love the chance to nab me for something else even though I've been living here for almost 50 years.

Advertisement

Advertisement