ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
It's been a week and about 500 miles with no issues. This was mostly highway driving in mild weather, some wet, but no crazy storms. I rinsed off some pollen in coin-op pressure washer, and I wasn't overly careful around the vinyl, but I also didn't try to attack it. I tried to treat it like any other normal part of the car. After the wash, I carefully checked the edges for wear or chipping. Looks good still.

I was originally hesitant to post the site I bought it from, because this was my first venture into vinyl and I don't have prior experience to comment on qualty. I also assume these types of things are prone to user installation error. So far I'm very happy with it. The reflectivity is consistent with a normal plate, and it has held up well to normal wear. Here's the site I bought it from: https://customlicenseplates.us/
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
They may not be illegal. In many states though they’re not a valid front license plate. Out here for example, you could be cited for not having a front license plate if you had these on instead. They would not, however, cite you for having these “plates” on. Clear as mud?

with that said .... I’ll still be getting these. :)
GREAT. Likewise here.
Mine are is on its way (somewhere in USPS). Purchased from Canadian company.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I want one of these for mine when I get the car. Unfortunately, the cops in my town have nothing better to do than harass motorists. I've been cited for insufficient ground clearance, lights too bright, excessive exhaust noise, etc. I'm guilty of all except for exhaust noise (side-draught carburetors on short intake runners are LOUD - custom-build air box solved that). I'm sure that they'd love the chance to nab me for something else even though I've been living here for almost 50 years.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What is a “front license plate”? ?

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
I love it! I’m in NY and need a front plate. I’m expecting mine to show up in less than two weeks and just told the dealer not to put my front plate on. This is a great idea. Thx!!!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
They are not illegal.
CA is a bit different...., had to make them legal even though they were not illegal.
That's because the politicians can't keep their noses out of anything.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
I'm getting my front end vinyl wrapped early Sept. I may do this after. thanks for the info.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
That's not the site I used, but pretty similar. I'll see how it holds up. So far in terms of service, packaging, and initial impressions of quality I would certainly recommend this option to others.
What was the site you got yours at...The link in the thread looks like is only for Ca plates..

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I got mine here... https://customlicenseplates.us/

They seem to have them for many states. And they ship the plates from Canada. Mine are scheduled to arrive on Aug 27.
Check your individual state laws. While the plates may not be illegal per see, your state laws may be written in a manner that requires the use of the issued license plates. Our laws are like that. You could, in a worst-case scenario, be facing a criminal charge for having these instead of a citation for not having a front plate.

All in all the use of these should be allowed pretty much everywhere as long as they might the "needs" of local law enforcement. (reflective).

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I am having second thoughts about the vinyl license plate - it is going to get torn up by rock dings and other road debris. When that happens, do you print a new one? Then what happens to the date and year stickers? Can you transfer them without them falling off, or will you need to request new ones from the DMV? You could cover the vinyl with a plastic shield, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of using vinyl in the first place.

The plates on the front of my vehicles have lots of wear and dings, and they are metal. I think vinyl will degrade much more quickly.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I am having second thoughts about the vinyl license plate - it is going to get torn up by rock dings and other road debris. When that happens, do you print a new one? Then what happens to the date and year stickers? Can you transfer them without them falling off, or will you need to request new ones from the DMV? You could cover the vinyl with a plastic shield, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of using vinyl in the first place.

The plates on the front of my vehicles have lots of wear and dings, and they are metal. I think vinyl will degrade much more quickly.
The date and year stickers are generally on the back plate. These decals can't be placed on the back. The one I got is very rugged and the back is silver Mylar.
Sponsored