Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First time I plugged it in at home to charge it populated Previous Locations with my neighbors address. I put it into saved locations as instructed and then proceeded to setup a schedule. The schedule did not work it started charging as soon as I plugged in and blew right by the change set too 100%.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 9.17.32 AM

So I deleted it out of saved locations to reset and set it up a schedule again. Do not do that because then it no longer exists in previous locations. I have recharged and it has not repopulated in previous locations. Thought it would still be in previous, kick back in, but no gone. Dealer says that is Fords Deal and the kids there collaborated for a bit but finally state they could not help, go to ford site and connected services and there maybe something there (there was 2 years complementary charging) but nothing to repopulate my home location into previous locations so I can try to get the schedule to work.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 7.10.43 PM

Looking to repopulate previous locations with my home location? Any help would be appreciated.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah they system appears to work similar to My Ford Mobile in that the address it comes up with may be a bit off from yours. Its like the lat/lon values are snapped to a predefined grid and sometimes your house doesn't lay right on a grid point (the address it comes up for my house is off by about 20 and is a nonexistent address on our street).

It *should* repopulate the previous list with the locations you have actually charged at.

You could try going somewhere and charging for a bit and going home to see if it picks it up then (or even simply driving around prior to plugging back in--just get the car "away" from home).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
First time I plugged it in at home to charge it populated Previous Locations with my neighbors address. I put it into saved locations as instructed and then proceeded to setup a schedule. The schedule did not work it started charging as soon as I plugged in and blew right by the change set too 100%.
Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 9.17.32 AM.jpg

So I deleted it out of saved locations to reset and set it up a schedule again. Do not do that because then it no longer exists in previous locations. I have recharged and it has not repopulated in previous locations. Thought it would still be in previous, kick back in, but no gone. Dealer says that is Fords Deal and the kids there collaborated for a bit but finally state they could not help, go to ford site and connected services and there maybe something there (there was 2 years complementary charging) but nothing to repopulate my home location into previous locations so I can try to get the schedule to work.
Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 7.10.43 PM.jpg

Looking to repopulate previous locations with my home location? Any help would be appreciated.
So you cant set a schedule and max charge % and save it without a location tied to that schedule? I would think once a schedule is set and saved with max allowed charge % - it should work as long as it is plugged - and the clock hits that time. why does it matter whether you plugged at your home or somewhere else? Sure if connected while traveling to EA or others at the same scheduled time, I assume as long as it hand shakes with the charger either follow s the same ?

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah they system appears to work similar to My Ford Mobile in that the address it comes up with may be a bit off from yours. Its like the lat/lon values are snapped to a predefined grid and sometimes your house doesn't lay right on a grid point (the address it comes up for my house is off by about 20 and is a nonexistent address on our street).

It *should* repopulate the previous list with the locations you have actually charged at.

You could try going somewhere and charging for a bit and going home to see if it picks it up then (or even simply driving around prior to plugging back in--just get the car "away" from home).
Thanks, possible idea that crossed my mind also. Take it to someone's house and plug in with 110V (see if it comes up) then come back home and plug into the 240V again and see if it kicks in. Sounds excessive. Hard to fix a bug I was hoping ford could do a reset at there end. But no help after the collaboration.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
So you cant set a schedule and max charge % and save it without a location tied to that schedule? I would think once a schedule is set and saved with max allowed charge % - it should work as long as it is plugged - and the clock hits that time. why does it matter whether you plugged at your home or somewhere else? Sure if connected while traveling to EA or others at the same scheduled time, I assume as long as it hand shakes with the charger either follow s the same ?
The schedule is tied to the location. You can have a "Home" schedule, a "Work" schedule, a "gym" schedule, a "Vacation home" schedule, etc.

You can't even setup a schedule without having charged somewhere first (e.g. it shows up on that list of places you've charged at).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The schedule is tied to the location. You can have a "Home" schedule, a "Work" schedule, a "gym" schedule, a "Vacation home" schedule, etc.

You can't even setup a schedule without having charged somewhere first (e.g. it shows up on that list of places you've charged at).
Aah I see - lot to learn...got take off a week from work ..hmm

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Scheduling did not work for me twice it charged to 90% as scheduled, notified me it did and then proceed to charge to 100% out of the time I set? Lots of bugs but I would like to have my home location on a schedule that works and not just up to 100% all the time. I am liking that huge buffer now.

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Yeah playing with Ford pass app. And charging is an exercise in buggy frustration.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Scheduling did not work for me twice it charged to 90% as scheduled, notified me it did and then proceed to charge to 100% out of the time I set? Lots of bugs but I would like to have my home location on a schedule that works and not just up to 100% all the time. I am liking that huge buffer now.
I've only had the car for two days: First night I didn't have a charge schdule so it charged to 100%. Second night I had the schedule setup to 90% but the car complained that it couldn't reach the set point...because it was already at 93% LOL (It did not charge to 100%; instead left it at 93%).

Right now its sitting waiting for the charge window to start.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've only had the car for two days: First night I didn't have a charge schdule so it charged to 100%. Second night I had the schedule setup to 90% but the car complained that it couldn't reach the set point...because it was already at 93% LOL (It did not charge to 100%; instead left it at 93%).

Right now its sitting waiting for the charge window to start.
Would like to be you as support is none existent and no one has thrown the switch and reset me yet this morning. -26C right now so I will most likely not be going to find a 110V off site today. I deleted from saved locations but why delete it from previous location and into a black void that you can not reset I am not sure yet. When you have problems you learn something and it is not an end of the world one. Would like the MME to schedule (simple) but a smart charger may be an option. What revision software are you running?

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
I have found that if you are having problems trying to set up the charging on the Ford pass app it is best to just go do it directly in the car.
Seems to work better for me anyway.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Would like to be you as support is none existent and no one has thrown the switch and reset me yet this morning. -26C right now so I will most likely not be going to find a 110V off site today. I deleted from saved locations but why delete it from previous location and into a black void that you can not reset I am not sure yet. When you have problems you learn something and it is not an end of the world one. Would like the MME to schedule (simple) but a smart charger may be an option. What revision software are you running?
Don't know; I'll have to go out and capture that.

Did you check if you have it set for "Charge when plugged in" or "Use preferred charge setings" setup?

(Yeah there are a zillion settings...)

This morning my car is reading 89% charged LOL (had it set to 90% so I'll take it--its also 20F out here right now).

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Did you check if you have it set for "Charge when plugged in" or "Use preferred charge setings" setup?

This morning my car is reading 89% charged LOL (had it set to 90% so I'll take it--its also 20F out here right now).
I checked on the snyc display and the schedule was sent there. I think they need an advanced tab and start archiving some of the settings instead of throwing all those settings at you. I admit I do not know the OS inside out yet as it has been mostly how it drives, seams, glass etc. I am tough on software there is no two ways about it, slap a no fear sticker on it. If my home is no longer in previous location it is hard to give me a second shot. I need to go through the interface in depth was just hoping someone here would give me a quick fix. Right now I am at a road block that it will not repopulate.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Ok good news and bad news. Good news is that I charged for a bit at a DC fast charger came back home plugged it in and it found my home location again. Bad news is that the orginal problem (why I deleted it out of saved locations) is still there and it will not take the schedule.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations IMG_2805.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations IMG_2806.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 5.25.30 PM

Soon after started to charge and is currently at 84%
Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 5.26.31 PM

Have a feeling it will also blow past 90% and will charge to 100% all before 10PM tonight when it was scheduled to start. Just does not work but at least now I know not to deleting it from saved locations and try to set it up again. Came back first with coordinates, then the farm across the street then final at my neighbors again.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got a pic of the initial coordinate display, plugged it into google map and it is bang on; in my backyard 100' from where it is parked so it knows where it is. The dash pic above 64% stating it will start at 10 pm kind of say it is just is not going to work for me. Dealer toke my charger number? Just awesome vehicle, love it. Guess I am just a 100% charged kind of guy. What's low rates anyway.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Repopulate Previous Locations Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 7.58.53 PM
Sponsored