Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
https://evbite.com/ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-order-banks-to-open-in-april/?amp

FEBRUARY 9, 2021

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Order Banks to Open in April

Order banks for the Ford Mustang Mach-E have been opened since June of last year but the more eyed Mustang Mach-E GT has remained a bit of a mystery. Now, through Fords internal communications, we have confirmation that Ford plans to open the order books for the GT in late April.

Current Mustang Mach-E GT reservation holders will be receiving an email communication from Ford later this month showcasing the April timeline. We don’t yet know the exact date as the company kept is vague with “late April”.

The Mustang Mach-E has gone through a few delays but is seemingly now back on track with deliveries underway and test drive units currently leaving the factory daily. Vehicles currently held up in the logistical nightmare at the Kansas City Terminal are expected to be released sometime next week. The company stresses that shipment delays have not affected production.

The Mustang Mach-E GT will be Fords first performance focused electric car. With a base price of $60,500 (or $53,000 after federal tax incentives), owners can expect to hit a 0-60 of 3.8 seconds using an impressive 480 horsepower and 600 lb.‑ft. of torque. Range is a compromise with a target of 250 miles.

If that’s not fast enough, Ford is releasing a GT Performance Edition as well. With 480 horsepower and 634 lb.-ft. of torque, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition receives a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and an EPA-estimated range of 235 miles. Pricing for the Performance Edition has not yet been shared.

Aside from specs, both the Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition will have some exterior changes distinguishing them from the rest of the lineup:

• GT: 20″ cast-aluminum wheels with aero covers
  • GT Performance Edition: adds 20″ machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels with Pirelli summer tires
  • Vehicle ride height lowered by nearly a half-inch (10 mm) for improved driving dynamics
  • GT and GT Performance Edition badging on rear liftgate with illuminated Pony emblem
  • Choice of body-color roof, panoramic glass roof or black-painted roof
  • Grabber Blue Metallic is an extra-cost color limited to GT and First Edition only; Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat is an extra-cost color available only on GT
Both vehicles have a targeted delivery date of “summer 2021”.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Report: Mach-E GT orders opening late April 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-vs-Tesla-Model-Y-scaled
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hopefully, we get options and pricing in March, rather than at the last minute sometime in April.
I am also hoping for some improvements to the specs similar to what happened with the other mach-e models close to ordering. I know it won't make much difference in most parts of the world but that 124mph top speed with 459hp looks very poor especially when compared to the model Y performance.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
That's because it's electronically limited.
I am also hoping for some improvements to the specs similar to what happened with the other mach-e models close to ordering. I know it won't make much difference in most parts of the world but that 124mph top speed with 459hp looks very poor especially when compared to the model Y performance.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Most previous estimates had it at 3.5 seconds, so this seems like underdelivering. I guess the performance edition will be 3.5.

That's because it's electronically limited.
Not that I would purchase a GT either way, I think they would of been better off adding $1-2k to the price for better tires so they could set the limit at 150mph for the GT version. Not impressed with these specs. Maybe there will be factory or after market options and possibility to change the limit (assuming it's electronically limited for tire safety and not a limit of the motors, etc). Also the chart doesn't show the performance edition, so maybe it will have a higher top speed.

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
My Zero SR/F's top speed is 124, I'm alright with it being the max speed. Not doing track days with a 60k car anyways.

Glad to hear they'll have roof options, but sad to read all GT models will be lowered (even though I expected it).

Still eagerly awaiting one to be mine.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
Good to know so I don't bug my dealership about when the order bank opens up :)

Any guesses on option pricing? My guess is GT Performance Edition fully loaded will be $69K.

Hopefully glass roof and 360 camera options will be minimal at $3K total so about $63K for GT with these two options.

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Well I'm happy with this timeline.

I'm curious about the suspension specs on the standard GT. I remeber seeing the Team Edison folks in an interview saying the MME got the suspension originally chosen for the GT. The MMEs are a bit weak on the skidpad, so I'm hoping for better on the non-magneride GTs.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Good to know so I don't bug my dealership about when the order bank opens up :)

Any guesses on option pricing? My guess is GT Performance Edition fully loaded will be $69K.

Hopefully glass roof and 360 camera options will be minimal at $3K total so about $63K for GT with these two options.
The Mach-E's pricing isn't intuitive to me. You would think there should be some crossover in the Mach-E's pricing between the Premium and the GT. We already see this venn diagram of pricing with the fossil fastback Mustangs. For example, you can get a decently-equipped 4cyl Premium for $38,000 while the GT starts at $36,000. A completely decked out 4cyl Premium Mustang coupe is $46,000! In contrast to the fossil coupe, the Mach-E Premium 4X is fully loaded and starts at $54,700 but the GT is $60,500.

I'm with you, @silvercurves-1 , I really want that glass roof and cameras for a fair price. I'm already stretching past my initial budget from the Premium 4X to get the GT so I'm wishfully hoping that Papa Farley and Uncle Heiser pleasantly surprise us.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Both GT versions have 480hp, performance has more torque.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
extra cost colors.. oh well. I really hope they can squeak a bit more range out of these. That;s really the only thing bothering me. Especially after seeing the winter range hit people are reporting, and then there's the Y's 303 on their performance model with a smaller battery to rub it in...

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Hmm. Not sure I like the idea of paying more for the Cyber Orange. Depends on how much I guess. I’m kind of waning in the color anyway since recent shots show it leaning very much to yellow. I want a true orange, not a yellow-orange

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a feeling that GT range is going to depend heavily on the right foot of the driver.
My thoughts as well. Speed when needed and cruise when needing range. Not sure if it will be tuned for that idea though.
Sponsored