Request: Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Does the Mach E display the battery temperature during drive operation and during L2/DCFC charging? If the vehicle is not able to do so, one might be able to request a free data gathering unit from Scanguage II ( » ScanGauge II ) that plugs into the OBDII port to obtain this information and other. The company will then create such information in their current hardware units.

There was a post by a Tesla owner claiming a 131F DCFC battery temperature during Supercharging and this was way higher than what some of us had believed the battery pack thermal regulation would allow.
Sponsored

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I'm still looking for an iOS app to do it. I haven't been able to test Torque Pro since I don't have an Android device

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm still looking for an iOS app to do it. I haven't been able to test Torque Pro since I don't have an Android device
I have BlueDriver for iOS. But I don't have the car yet to test.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Does the Mach E display the battery temperature during drive operation and during L2/DCFC charging? If the vehicle is not able to do so, one might be able to request a free data gathering unit from Scanguage II ( » ScanGauge II ) that plugs into the OBDII port to obtain this information and other. The company will then create such information in their current hardware units.

There was a post by a Tesla owner claiming a 131F DCFC battery temperature during Supercharging and this was way higher than what some of us had believed the battery pack thermal regulation would allow.
It is 100% for sure available in in the FDRS software, which connects over OBD-2. Therefore, unless there's something proprietary going on, you should definitely be able to pull it somehow using an app such as Torque.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-diagnostic-and-repair-system-on-mach-e.3232/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 1613747850323

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Also, I've got Torque Pro, and seeing what data is available there is going to be one of the first things I do when I get my car in a month :). Someone might need to create custom PIDs to pull the data, but it should be there.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I wasn’t able to get anything relevant with Torque Pro on Android or Car Scanner on iOS

A4D1B205-C1CF-43C5-9601-449BB8B17C3F.jpeg

DADF8F11-35E8-4BF1-BCDE-0569D5D01BD2.jpeg

07FB6A1F-CEBF-4FB2-8D5B-1C9FA6DAB36C.jpeg

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Somewhere and somehow, the battery temperature during charging and driving will be found.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I wasn’t able to get anything relevant with Torque Pro on Android or Car Scanner on iOS

Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 07FB6A1F-CEBF-4FB2-8D5B-1C9FA6DAB36C

Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 07FB6A1F-CEBF-4FB2-8D5B-1C9FA6DAB36C

The data exists, but you (or someone) will need to create PIDs for them so the Torque App knows what to look for. If you happen to figure it out, it will show up in the app.
Right now it's just showing the default ones.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Somewhere in the back of a Ford MME diagnostics tool manual are the codes we need. Hopefully
I have Torque Pro but I'm no expert.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The data exists, but you (or someone) will need to create PIDs for them so the Torque App knows what to look for. If you happen to figure it out, it will show up in the app.
Thanks that’s whatI wondered. But I have no idea how to do it. I’m surprised that nobody did it, the car has been out since 2 months

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Damn! I just did a PID scan with Torque scan plugin for Torque Pro, I sat in the car for nearly 1 hour. After it was completed I had to email the results but I had not account configured on my Fire 7 tablet. So I did configure one, after that I had to hit back and when I went back in Torque Pro I hit back another time and I got back the the menu with no way to get my results unless I start again.

i just saw a bunch of codes with no description, I have no idea what would looks like the exported file. Would have been helpful or it’s just for expert? At least I could have share lt

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Damn! I just did a PID scan with Torque scan plugin for Torque Pro, I sat in the car for nearly 1 hour. After it was completed I had to email the results but I had not account configured on my Fire 7 tablet. So I did configure one, after that I had to hit back and when I went back in Torque Pro I hit back another time and I got back the the menu with no way to get my results unless I start again.

i just saw a bunch of codes with no description, I have no idea what would looks like the exported file. Would have been helpful or it’s just for expert? At least I could have share lt
It’s easier to make csv file and import into Torque Pro. PM if you want to send me the export from your PID scan.
I don’t have a MME so I’m limited to how much I can finalize.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It’s easier to make csv file and import into Torque Pro. PM if you want to send me the export from your PID scan.
I don’t have a MME so I’m limited to how much I can finalize.
i just don’t have the file because I hit back by error and lost it ??‍♂. I’ll try again, it took about an hour

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

That's it! And I think you can submit it to Torque or the forums and get them created. I haven't done it before. Sorry you lost them... But you're doing a great service here :)

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I redid the scan but I wasn't able to export the results
Sponsored