Request: Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I think I got it with Car Scanner on iOS using the C-Max Energi profile
Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 79088604-1764-4E84-9AAA-70F25C579D50
This is great news. Are the numbers accurate and did you get them to change? It's so inconvenient that my MME is not here yet to test out this stuff.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
This is great news. Are the numbers accurate and did you get them to change? It's so inconvenient that my MME is not here yet to test out this stuff.
I will test tomorrow but I think it’s good. The car was plugged in the garage but wasn’t charging. Garage temperature was 6 Celcius.

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Nice. I had some luck with the cmax ids too but the scaling seemed off. Interested if the battery % in that app matches the dash?
I posted a list of all the nodes and the ids I scanned so far in the other OBD tools thread for any apps where you can enter them manually

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Nice. I had some luck with the cmax ids too but the scaling seemed off. Interested if the battery % in that app matches the dash?
I posted a list of all the nodes and the ids I scanned so far in the other OBD tools thread for any apps where you can enter them manually
The app showed 47% but I was at 50%

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The app showed 47% but I was at 50%
That actually may be correct. This may actually be showing the true SoC of the pack, including the reserve we don't have access to.

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I had the same thought but then it should be the other way around right?

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was a post by a Tesla owner claiming a 131F DCFC battery temperature during Supercharging and this was way higher than what some of us had believed the battery pack thermal regulation would allow.
Here's the screenshot since I posted a graph previously. Bjorn has also shown his Model 3 charging at similar temps. The Stator motors stop warming the battery when it reaches 115-117F, at least on the 3 and Y. I don't know anything about the S and X thermal management system.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. Screenshot_20210123-142542

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Looks like FORScan should be working soon with MME. They sent a test version that connects now and shows some data. Interestingly it has an item called battery charge display which matches the screen.

Assuming the battery temp is correct, I’ll try to get some temperature graphs from driving and L2 charging tomorrow. It was 42F in the garage when I took these numbers, so seems good but I didn’t see it change while I was connected
Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 1614136387425

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
That actually may be correct. This may actually be showing the true SoC of the pack, including the reserve we don't have access to.
This does seem right after looking at it more. It looks like the lower % is because it's calculated as battery energy / total capactity, ignoring what % of the total capacity the user will get access to? So on our standard range when the battery is at 52.6kWh, battery SOC reads 75.2% which matches ~52.6kWh/70kWh. The user sees "78%" though

I posted some graphs in the battery charge curve thread that includes temperature traces. It looks like the battery was still warming up at the end of the short charge session, the coolant peaked around 118. I'll try a longer session soon
From driving around in 41 degree whether for a couple hours the bat/coolant temperatures warmed up from around 41 at the start to around 53 by the time we stopped

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
We need more data from multiple owners in various temperatures for this thread.

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Ran the battery down to 25% and recorded L2 charging back up to 90%. Nothing real exciting but you can see the buffer they keep on the low & top end a bit by comparing the displayed soc (green) vs 'real' soc (pink)
Battery/Coolant Temp stayed around 10-15F above ambient most of the time, peaked just over 65F in the 45F garage
Ford Mustang Mach-E Request:  Battery temperature during drive operation and during L2 and DCFC charging. 1615750694660
Sponsored