Resetting EV doesn't set my available miles to 270 on full charge

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I have never gotten my car to register anything over 240 mile of charge, even after resetting the EV Driving history/data. Any clues?

I think I will take advantage of the Recall to have them look at the battery while its there.
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Apparently the real range that many of us get is less than the EPA one. If you drive on highway speeds, 240 sounds about right.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Apparently the real range that many of us get is less than the EPA one. If you drive on highway speeds, 240 sounds about right.
That's not necessarily true. Lots of people on this forum have met or exceeded the EPA stated range. Multiple car reviews (Edmunds, Alex on Autos, etc.) also exceeded the EPA range. I have a CA Route 1 (rated at 305) and I regularly get 360 miles. That's on 50/50 city/highway driving.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have never gotten my car to register anything over 240 mile of charge, even after resetting the EV Driving history/data. Any clues?

I think I will take advantage of the Recall to have them look at the battery while its there.
remember that the guage is only an estimator and it will vary based on your driving, So when I got my standard range rwd, the mileage a total charge was below the estimated 230, but now, five months later, a 100% yields around 260 miles. Almost all of my driving is around town.

Canchino77

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag

I am in the same boat. 100 charge level shows 240 miles (prem extended range). I only have a few hundred miles so assumed maybe it updates the estimates as I drive more (especially since the first 100+ was primarily in unbridled)

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag

There are a multitude of factors that can affect range. Weather and driving style are the big ones. Lots of highway driving at high speeds will hurt range. What's your percentage of city/highway driving?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
well, simply put, the same conditions that affect mpg's in an ICE car, affects mi/kwh in an EV......temp, speed, use of heater, ac, how you drive (lead foot), etc.....many people think you get in a hybrid, plug-in, or ev and you automatically get the rated miles.....

I drive almost 95% local, my lead-foot driving has passed me by about 40-50 years......in my Select RWD SR rated at 230 miles, now before the really cold weather here in NJ, on a 90% charge I get an estimates 300+ miles.....it's all about how you drive and the outside weather temps ++ other factors......drive your car and enjoy the trip, want to get more estimated miles slow down and enjoy life....

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Don't worry, eventually you'll learn to completely ignore the Guess-O-Meter and just pay attention to your remaining battery percentage. Takes some time, but just focus on your average miles per kilowatt for City and highway and you'll get there. Then you'll be on here showing the new EV drivers the ropes ?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
There are a multitude of factors that can affect range. Weather and driving style are the big ones. Lots of highway driving at high speeds will hurt range. What's your percentage of city/highway driving?
70 city 30 highway.. when you reset the computer EV driving in settings I would assume it would stop using current driving patterns and default to original. I have 13k miles on it now. I live on a hill part of a valley, so u drive up and over that often which I’m sure hurts battery, but again when I reset it never goes up, always maxes at 240.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
when you reset the computer EV driving in settings I would assume it would stop using current driving patterns and default to original.
It does. But you are incorrectly assuming that the original number is the EPA rated range. Ford doesn't want to show you a number that you could achieve if you drive properly. Instead, they've elected to show you a number that you'll definitely get (and will likely get more). Do yourself a favor and stop putting any faith in the GOM. Your car is working as designed.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag

I looked at your profile but could not figure out what battery size and configuration you have. I have a Premium AWD ER and have pretty much been right around the estimate depending on recent history. For the 6600 miles I have driven in the car since early June I have averaged 3.5 mi/kwh or at 100% charge it would be near 300 miles (i.e. 3.5 x 88 = 308). I have my charge profile set to limit to 90% and almost anytime I get in at home it displays 245-250 miles of range on the GOM. Look at your trip settings and see what your consumption (mi/kwh) has been for the Trip 1 or Trip 2 assuming it has not been reset and has some significant miles. Then multiply that by your battery size to see what you should be seeing on the GOM. If it is wildly different maybe you should ask the dealer but I suspect you either have a small battery and drive normal or you have a big battery and you drive a lot of highway miles at 75+ which would result in seeing a GOM at 240ish.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag