Restraints Control Module Fault

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just got this warning light and a corresponding notification in FordPass. Has anyone else experienced this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Restraints Control Module Fault Screenshot_20210501-104645~3

I was hoping to go a full two weeks without needing service on a critical safety feature. Will post updates as this situation develops/is resolved.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's a new one. I assume you'll be taking it into the dealer?

OP
OP
ebeponyan

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the light went back off after leaving the car for a few minutes. Not exactly inspiring confidence though.

OP
OP
ebeponyan

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The restraints control module fuse looks good. Wouldn't really suspect a fuse if the issue is intermittent, but that's about as far as I'm willing to pry before my service appointment.

OP
OP
ebeponyan

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the car checked out today, and the tech couldn't find any problems with the passenger airbag or restraints control module. I haven't seen anything come up since Saturday, so it seems like this was just a blip. The leading theory is that there was some latency with communication between modules that fixed itself shortly afterward.

I also got a software update for PAAK, which seems to have helped with my Android's connectivity, but I've noticed some unexpected behavior with intelligent cruise control since getting the car back. If that persists, I'll start a new thread.

Reactions: ARK

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Following this thread. When I got my onslaught of errors, the restraint indicator lamp came on too, but much like your situation the technicians couldn't find anything wrong. Mine showed up along with a zillion other safety/assist malfunction warnings, but it doesn't seem like it was a true mechanical failure. Got the 12V TSB applied just in case, so we'll see.
Sponsored