Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I have a 10kw charger but I limit it to 7.6kw because when running 10kw you are running the charger at max, which the cable gets hot the car gets hot, and sometimes the ac has to turn on to cool the car down. So we go 7.6kw because everything stays room temp so more efficient
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
The silly way this is implemented in our cars is enough to make anyone feel stupid, so don't beat your self up @DaMeatMan! It should be a simple task in the car, not an app, to set charge level targets.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The silly way this is implemented in our cars is enough to make anyone feel stupid, so don't beat your self up @DaMeatMan! It should be a simple task in the car, not an app, to set charge level targets.
You can set it in the car, which is where I configured mine. go to settings->charging, IIRC

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can set it in the car, which is where I configured mine. go to settings->charging, IIRC
You can set a default charging level without needing a "location"? I just remember it being entirely too convoluted compared to my Bolt.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You can set a default charging level without needing a "location"? I just remember it being entirely too convoluted compared to my Bolt.
Yes you need to set a location but you don't have to do it through the app. As far as I remember I charged the car in my driveway to 100% and then went into the settings->charger menu and set the charging preferences and created departure times. Took maybe 3 minutes to do. I have since turned off the departure times since I am still working from home.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This thread was started asking about setting the charge level, but can you also control the charge rate via the app or car? I don't have my MME yet. I think I remember another post months ago from someone who said the car cannot control how fast it charges - that is only able to be controlled by the charger. Tesla can control the charge rate, but the MME cannot?

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
This thread was started asking about setting the charge level, but can you also control the charge rate via the app or car? I don't have my MME yet. I think I remember another post months ago from someone who said the car cannot control how fast it charges - that is only able to be controlled by the charger. Tesla can control the charge rate, but the MME cannot?
The MME currently cannot control the charge rate, it just follows the pilot signal rate per the J-1772 standard. It would be a welcome improvement to have an adjustment for this in-car.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes you need to set a location but you don't have to do it through the app. As far as I remember I charged the car in my driveway to 100% and then went into the settings->charger menu and set the charging preferences and created departure times. Took maybe 3 minutes to do. I have since turned off the departure times since I am still working from home.
Yeah, I went out and confirmed it is still as silly as always. Have to save a location to do something as simple as setting a charge limit. Shouldn't have to do that but not a huge deal once "home" and "work" are saved. Illogical and confusing for users just wanting to set a default limit though.
Sponsored