Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Friend of mine went in last week to pick up his Q4 eTron and as he was signing the sales person said "Before you sign, that couple standing over there are offering you $10k to let them buy the car..."

Crazy. He needed the Q4 to replace a very old Rogue so he said "$20k and they have a deal". They refused.

But to think people off the street are offering "ADM" (or maybe Additional Customer Markup?) is mind-blowing.

It ain't over yet....
Sponsored

Last edited:

max8176

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
That's crazy. Did the dealer add an ADM on top? I test drove the Q4 before. Nice car but I am waiting for the Macan EV.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
That's crazy. Did the dealer add an ADM on top? I test drove the Q4 before. Nice car but I am waiting for the Macan EV.
No dealer markup - he ordered it a year ago at MSRP so they honoured the price for the cancelled order. Nice car, but really just a dressed-up ID.4, including the awful software.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Friend of mine went in last week to pick up his Q4 eTron and as he was signing the sales person said "Before you sign, that couple standing over there are offering you $10k to let them buy the car..."

Crazy. He needed the Q4 to replace a very old Rogue so he said "$20k and they have a deal". They refused.

But to think people off the street are offering "ADM" (or maybe Additional Customer Markup?) is mind-blowing.

It ain't over yet....
This is like the most boring Indecent Proposal

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No dealer markup - he ordered it a year ago at MSRP so they honoured the price for the cancelled order. Nice car, but really just a dressed-up ID.4, including the awful software.
Seriously!? With the crappy UI, awful performance and everything?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Wow. Pretty sure many Ford dealerships would have found a way to screw that guy over and pocket the $10k for themselves.
Yes, the dealers are not making the vehicle purchase pleasant - hoping the customer refuses to take delivery or offering such a high interest (padded) rate that some won't qualify.

I got that impression with my Lightning dealer in July - MSRP price but offered an interest rate double that of my bank and then refused to offer any other financing (no Ford Options, Ford Flex) after they ran my credit thru 6 other banks.

Then I got into an argument with the sales manager over the $100 price difference on the D&D fee.

I got the feeling that they wanted me to walk away so that they can put a hefty ADM...
Sponsored