Reverse Brake Assist Not Available After Software Update and Vinyl Wrap the same week.

kerifarie8188

First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I picked up my 2021 Premium last night from the vinyl wrap installer. During the week they had it, there was a software update (2.8.3). Now I am getting the reverse brake assist not available warning every time I start the car and put it in reverse. Interestingly, I also got a powertrain malfunction notification on Friday when they had it and it was just sitting on their lot, but there was no error message when they went to check it and drove it. Anyway, the doors, trunk, and hood are closed. Iā€™ve driven it plenty over 18 mph. I donā€™t see any issue with the camera or sensors. Iā€™ve read that this is a common issue with F150s after having spray bed liner installed because they remove the tailgate and back it up, causing an issue (that it seems like Ford doesnā€™t have a good solution for). Has anyone ever experienced this after having your car wrapped? Or having this issue since the recent software update? Any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I picked up my 2021 Premium last night from the vinyl wrap installer. During the week they had it, there was a software update (2.8.3). Now I am getting the reverse brake assist not available warning every time I start the car and put it in reverse. Interestingly, I also got a powertrain malfunction notification on Friday when they had it and it was just sitting on their lot, but there was no error message when they went to check it and drove it. Anyway, the doors, trunk, and hood are closed. Iā€™ve driven it plenty over 18 mph. I donā€™t see any issue with the camera or sensors. Iā€™ve read that this is a common issue with F150s after having spray bed liner installed because they remove the tailgate and back it up, causing an issue (that it seems like Ford doesnā€™t have a good solution for). Has anyone ever experienced this after having your car wrapped? Or having this issue since the recent software update? Any suggestions appreciated.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-Eā€™s error message concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

JryErok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME SR RWD Lucid Red
Country flag
Mine has been like that since I took delivery. I didn't bother to take it to the dealership since everything seems to be working fine.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Try this: Reverse Brake Assist Not Available. See Manual (none of the other threads pertain)

Keeping the hands off for several seconds is important.

If that doesn't work, then you need TSB 22-2214 done.

JryErok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME SR RWD Lucid Red
Country flag
So I finally took my car to the dealership and they fixed it. No warnings when reversing. It was a software fix but I have no idea what exactly was updated.

SLOWBRA

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE and a lot of Cobras :)
Country flag
Interestingly, this message is now popping up on my 21 GTPE after the recent OTA update was performed.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Interestingly, this message is now popping up on my 21 GTPE after the recent OTA update was performed.
Itā€™s actually a normal message to get that goes away after some of the recent OTA updates. It shouldnā€™t persist every time though.

SLOWBRA

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE and a lot of Cobras :)
Country flag
Itā€™s actually a normal message to get that goes away after some of the recent OTA updates. It shouldnā€™t persist every time though.
Good to hear it may go away on it's own.
Sponsored