Reverse Braking Assist Hates Sprinklers!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

RBA always gets triggered if I’m backing out of my driveway and my sprinklers are on, here’s a fun video from this evening, the sprinklers on the left side of the screen are on, I’m sure you can hear my wife screaming at me lol 😂

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

RBA always gets triggered if I’m backing out of my driveway and my sprinklers are on, here’s a fun video from this evening, the sprinklers on the left side of the screen are on, I’m sure you can hear my wife screaming at me lol 😂
Coincidently I had my RBA erroneously trigger twice yesterday while back out of my driveway. No idea why - there certainly weren't any sprinklers. Maybe it was a solar reflection or something...

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Coincidently I had my RBA erroneously trigger twice yesterday while back out of my driveway. No idea why - there certainly weren't any sprinklers. Maybe it was a solar reflection or something...
It’s definitely pretty sensitive to stuff like that. It kinda makes sense with sprinklers and how close mine are to the driveway, just sees motion from the side shooting out at high speed

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Had my first experience with this the other day. Moved the garbage cans out of the way off to the sides. Still close, but plenty of room, well it didn't think so, and it braked so hard I thought I had hit one, took me a minute to figure out what happened.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Mine will occasionally emergency brake as I back out of my garage, if there is a car parked out on the driveway.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine will occasionally emergency brake as I back out of my garage, if there is a car parked out on the driveway.
I usually don’t have an issue with my wife’s car parked there, only when the sprinklers running.
Sponsored