heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
It has now been 18 days since taking delivery of our 2021 MME AWD Premium with the 88kw battery. In that time I have managed to put over 1,300 miles on it because it really is that much fun to drive. Now, it was a 250 mile trip home from the selling dealer, but most of the other miles have been fun back country road driving getting to know the car.

Starting with the good. This car is very comfortable, very responsive, feels very solid and has very good visibility. The instant torque and acceleration never gets old and I love how you can have different levels of regen braking depending on what drive mode you are in and if you have the 1 pedal option selected. I find having 1P off and the car in unbridled mode is the sweet spot for me. I usually have the auto brake hold set to on, which makes it really nice at long stop lights not having to hold the brake even if on a steep incline.

Most of my charging is done at home with the Ford supplied charger plugged into a Nema 14-50 outlet in the garage. That has been working flawlessly and charges the car up to 80% overnight even if I pull in at night with 20% charge. I have set my departure times so the car is conditioned to go both in the morning when I leave for work and in the afternoon when I return from work. I must say that is a really nice feature to have. I have had a few experiences with EA charging and those have been hit and miss. The very first time was on the way home from the selling dealer since it was over 250 miles away. It was 10 pm at night, just above freezing and the plug and charge would not recognize the car since I had not set up the blue oval charging network section of the Ford Pass app yet and the one working and available EA charger at that location would not accept credit card payment until I was able to get EA on the phone to reboot the machine to get it to work. After I set up the charging section in the Ford Pass app, plug & charge has been working fine at our local EA station.

I can't really find too many things to complain about. I do wish they had put normal switches in for things like seat/steering wheel heaters. It would also have been nice to be able to open the frunk from the key fob and have a power close for it since it does not close easily. I also think Ford should have put in a manual key lock in the drivers door that could be used to open the door with a physical key if the battery is completely dead. Hopefully it never becomes necessary, but it seems like a big hassle to get the frunk open so that power can be put to the battery just to open a door. I am sure there will be a few more items that come up in the future, but so far that's all I have.

Overall I am finding I like the car even more than I thought I would (and I had high expectations to begin with). I am extremely pleased on how quick it accelerates and how smoothly it uses regen braking to slow the car down. It does take a little getting used to compared to ICE vehicle braking, but once I got used to it I find our ICE vehicle not as nice as I did before the MME. I also love all of the features the car comes with like the Blue Cruise, Blind Spot Monitoring, 360 cameras, Brake Hold, and the lighted pony on the ground when approaching the car at night (just to name a few).
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Glad you like it so far.
I have had mine for almost a year now and almost 31,000 miles and find it to be a pretty good car. I got a little frustrated with OTAs creating more annoyances than they solve but otherwise no major issues to speak of. I recently considered exchanging it for something else that doesn't require me to submit to OTAs but I can't really find a better choice. I would have to give up too many of the good things that come with the Mach-E so I will attempt to keep my minor frustrations in check and just enjoy the car some more.

Looking forward to when the warranty runs out so I can play with the calibrations and hardware a bit. :)